Sign in to follow this  
kingwael

first time creating a plane

hay guys this is the first time i create something, i watched mustang tutorials and they were greate and they helped me to get started with the body of the plane it was really not like the real thing but its ok.

i contacted him on his email in the tutorials but he is not answering me

so if any one can help me with my plane.

i need to know how to make smoothing the body of the plane and how to put all the parts together (i mean i created the wing alone then the body, how to put them together or just i put them near each others.

and i need to know how to create the pilot and his cockpit ,and the landing gears ,and how to put the model in the game (wings over europe) i mean what files i need to create and things like this, and how to assign the key of the game to the model.

i now its alot of things but plz some one help.

and one more thing is it possible to create a pilot that interact with the command key like if you want to get your landing gears down then you in the game prees (G).then in the plane i want the pilot to prees the actual key so he can down his landing gears.which means i want the pilot to be a living one not just static one ,is it possible?.

thx in advance.

bye for now.bye.gif

Oha, that is a bit difficult, you have t odesignate the body as fuselage, rename it too ( is better) then you have to link the wings to the fuselage. It`s called hirarchie.

rightouterwing --->rightinnerwing--->fuselage<---leftinnerwing<---rightouterwing

You have to link the parts in the right order, it sounds more difficult than it is. The rest is modeling, you need a bit experiance to model the parts the right way, you will notice that you have (in the beginning) too start some parts over and over again, cause the result is not the one you are looking for! best method for me is "edit poly" so you can edit the whole mesh of the plane without probs. in the edit list you can find "turbosmooth" and "smooth", turbosmooth adds more polys to the model and destroys it, cause you lose the control for it. Smoothing doesn`t destroy it calculates edges as round objects, they have still edges but the light and shadow is calculated as round.

you need the LOD extractor tool for max wich creates the LOD for the game.

but where and how to start is up to you. This was the first pack of infos I can provide to you, I`m not an expert, still have many questions myself. FC is a pro, suicidal too and many others, Ravenclaw, Amokfloo ....

you can look into the WIP threats to see how they work step by step

it would be better if you start with ground objects because even if you complete the model you will need someone to do the flightmodel.

but the choice is yours.

BOL