Sign in to follow this  
Rooster89

Invisible Planes

Small problem here guys,

On the last few skins I've made (all for Albatros D.IIs), when I make them the deafault skin and fly in my campaign my flightmembers planes are invisible. Theyre just guys sitting in a seat with bracing wires where the wings should be and a prop out front. I think Widowmaker was seeing something similar when taking screenshots awhile back. Anyone else ever encounter this with thier skins? I hope its just a small mistake that Im making somewhere and I dont have to reset OFF.

-Rooster

Hmm...seems to only happen with the Albatros D.II. All my skins for other planes show up fine. Any one have any idea what might be causing this?

-Rooster

Hmmm...... I haven't had this problem myself so I'm afraid I can't help you. But if I was to speculate, it might be some sort of file name issue.

Thanks for the advice Bullethead, I checked and made sure I was naming the files right and I dont think thats the problem. My campign has me in Alby D.III earlys now and its the same thing. Guess I'll just wait until my current campaign (Its a good one so far) is over and try a re-install and see if that works out the issue.

-Rooster

Edited by Rooster89

Just checked something else.....this makes it a little more odd.....my skins show up absolutely fine in Quick Combat mode. No invisible planes anywhere. So now I have no clue what might be going on.

-Rooster

Bump...Did you ever get it sorted Rooster?

Nope. Not yet Widowmaker. Haven't had much time the past few days for OFF, but I'm hoping I can figure something out tonight. If all else fails a re-install should clear it up.

-Rooster

Alright, well a re-install didnt do it either. It must be something I'm messing up when making my skins, but I dont know what. Any ideas?

-Rooster

Ah ha! Got it! (I know everyone was reading this thread on edge of thier seatgrin.gif ). I had been accidentally saving my skins as the wrong type of DXT file. It should be saved as a DXT1 but somehow my selection changed to DXT3. Lost my best pilot for that one. Had 15hrs and 16conf kills. Oh well.

-Rooster

Excellent news Rooster!...Not just because you solved the problem..but have pointed the way to 'Stealth Technology!"

My all new 'Stealth Pfaltz' ist on ze drawing board as we speak!! :salute::grin: