Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

KVM box problem?

I have 2 PCs. One for internet stuff and one pure gaming system. I have a Gefen DVI KVM box for switching systems. Lately I noticed that sometimes my gaming system won't boot right. IE no screen activation, its blank and no usaul booting stuff like the startup vista sound nor my evo stick's LED light come on. I was wondering if its my switch box or my USB port on my gaming system? Appreciate any thoughts on this. Thank you.

Falcon

I've seen several systems around that won't boot if various USB devices are plugged in, not least some where a USB printer will cause a boot failure. You could try unplugging all but the essentials.

Well it seems it wasn't fully a USB Port problem, in fact it was my KVM box was the real culprit. It was our fault, we took a chance of getting a Gefen box, we read the reports of them going flaky sometimes. Now I need to find another DVI KVM box, oh joy.

Falcon

Installed my new IOGear DVI Hybird KVM yesterday. It has both USB and PS2 ports. So I'm using the PS2 ports for my KB and mouse. So far the new KVM box is faster than the POS Gefen box. Quite happy with the new box. 89 bucks at newegg.com

Falcon