Sign in to follow this  
zoomzoom

Dev's: sound info request.

Hey guys.

I have a really great sound byte for "wind in the wires" that I'm experimenting with. It sounds great, it simply has more "Highs" and whistle in it than the old one and doesn't come through as clearly. Is there a way to tweak the cockpit windnoise alone, (for instance by changing a value in a file with wordpad) or are these values unalterable? I guess I could always re-master the sound file and make it louder....that'd take a bit of studio work though, which I'd rather not do.

Thanks!

ZZ.

PS. Why are there two files for cockpit windnoise? wind3 and wind4? Do they play in sequence to each other, because they both seem to be the same soundbyte?

Edited by zoomzoom

Hey guys.

I have a really great sound byte for "wind in the wires" that I'm experimenting with. It sounds great, it simply has more "Highs" and whistle in it than the old one and doesn't come through as clearly. Is there a way to tweak the cockpit windnoise alone, (for instance by changing a value in a file with wordpad) or are these values unalterable? I guess I could always re-master the sound file and make it louder....that'd take a bit of studio work though, which I'd rather not do.

Thanks!

ZZ.

PS. Why are there two files for cockpit windnoise? wind3 and wind4? Do they play in sequence to each other, because they both seem to be the same soundbyte?

Hello

One of the features of the up and coming expansion is the introduction of better wind noise as well as buffeting of the craft relevant to the wind/weather...

This will be retrofitted to all existing craft.

So maybe hang in there!

HTH

WM

Well, at my age, "experimenting" with breaking wind is dangerous. yikes.gif

Oh. Wait. I MUST be getting old, that's not BREAKING wind, it's TWEAKING wind!

Tiny font, old eyes!

Carry on!

rofl.gif

Excellent,....you guys are on top of things as always. Thanks Winder.....that'll be something else to look forward to.

ZZ.grin.gif

PS. CheckSix......I see where you earned your title.blink.gif

Edited by zoomzoom