Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

WinSeven: Out of the Box id LESS Secure v. VISTA!

Guest Eject

Hi Dave, (the main title should read is -- not id -- LESS Secure.....)

I am still around for I am scheduled to fly East this evening, will take only 50 minute-flight from Jakarta (cruising at 37K feet AGL less than 30 minutes, next makes a gradual descent, one round prior to final leg/approach to land on the SHORT runway in this rainy season!). Not even beverage will be served on this 50-minute hop to my hometown; just plain little plastic, glass of water. We spent some 20 USD, or less on not peak seasons Jakarta - Solo (Google Earth)

I hate landings as I used to be just bomb out of the rear ramp (of Herc) or rear exit door of DC-3 or Fokker or Bell UH from 1.5K, 4.5K to 6K feet, and dived free for a max of 50 seconds (190Kms/hour dive) before deploying the main chute/canopy at 600m AGL!

Here is the Link from ZDNet regarding the WIN-7:

http://blogs.zdnet.c...404&tag=nl.e589

There has been a thread on XP v Vista v Win-7 here somewhere

See you all next week guys.

Edited by Eject

All the article says is that Win 7 warnings are more subdued, it doesn't say anything it actually being less secure.

How about fully reading and comprehending the article before going all 'tinfoil hat'.

In fact, the XP mode emulation that Win 7 Professional and Ultimate can do is considered more secure than Vista because it can run a 'virtually' isolated machine (as said by the same author...there is some disagreement).

FC

Edited by FastCargo

I know many people who have turned off UAC totally because they hate the nagging, and also use an admin account as their primary ie they like things the way they were in Win98 and don't want to deal with "security." I tell them it's not a good idea, but people care about convenience first.