Sign in to follow this  
quack74

No.60 & No.56 S.E.5's mid 1917

Hi everybody. Ok, I'm working on the last flight of Werner Voss of Jasta 10. Had to do some research to get it as accurate as possible. I've done all I could to get all the correct markings on the S.E.5's of No.56 Suadron and No.60 Squadron. I still need to paint on the correct letters and numbers but for now I've used the game generated decals. I did paint on the Roundels and moved them closer to the center of the wings as they were early on in 1917. I created the August and September version of No.56 markings w the dumbells on the rear fuselage. They were only around for those two months. It was after the Voss fight of Sept 23 the marking of a white band, just forward the tail, section was implimented. I think on Sept 30. And No.60 Squad had white circles aft of the roundels and on the rear fuselage top deck. So below are some pics of the skins (WIP) I will include along with the single mission.

No.56 Squadron B Flight:

No.56 Squadron C Flight:

No.56 Squadron A Flight (not involved in fight but made it anyway):

No.60 Squadron:

And Werner Voss' FI.103/17

Line up shots and one combat shot:

There will be more in the readme file. But after take off as Werner Voss in Dr.1 103/17, you will fly over No-Mans Land and encounter two S.E.5's from 60 Squad which will be easy prey, but then you will be jumped by No.56 B Flight then C flight. A lone red nosed albatros (Very Possibly Karl Menckhoff of Jasta 3) will join you. The timing has worked out for me so far. I'll try it a few more times. I also added some action on No-Mans Land for some effect. You're not supposed to live through this. So if you don't, then it worked. At least if you are killed be No.56 Squadron.

Edited by quack74