Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

Which "Ground Objects Add-on Folders" Go To GroundObjects Folder or Weapons Folder

Guest Eject

:salute:Wrench or other Senior Modders, please bear with me. Kindly just refresh my memory to which specific topic in Knowledge Base that deals with the subject.

As advised by Wrench last time, I have fresh-installed my WOE. Now, no more problems with shimmering Seas in some Terrains (Formosa, India, SoCal still are with simmering, so just moved them out temporarily). No more issues with Trees.tgas.

I have copied from here some files on Knowledge Base, yet, I seem to forget which one deals with placing/storing Ground Object Add-On files I DL from here.

Most if not all the Read Me by the modders are crystal clear. Correct me if I am wrong.

1. Folders of the add-on must go to the Ground Object MAIN Folder, without them being extracted? I mean, the extracted CONTENTS (files in them with, e.g., dot lod, .bmp, and .datas) of which must not reside in the main Ground Object Folder?

2. Instead, the CONTENTS of such Add-On folders, i.e.m the .bmps, .lod, ,datas, go to the Main WEAPON Folder??

3. A bit tricky one, to me at least, is dealing with the GroundObjectsData main folder. I just stumbled upon only ONE Add-On, whose modder stated his folder must go directly to the Main GroundObject folder -- no fiddling with its contents as the engine will find them anyway.  

Thank you Wrench and other Senior Modders. 

Edited by Eject

Guest Eject

:salute:Wrench or other Senior Modders, please bear with me. Kindly just refresh my memory to which specific topic in Knowledge Base that deals with the subject.

As advised by Wrench last time, I have fresh-installed my WOE. Now, no more problems with shimmering Seas in some Terrains (Formosa, India, SoCal still are with simmering, so just moved them out temporarily). No more issues with Trees.tgas.

I have copied from here some files on Knowledge Base, yet, I seem to forget which one deals with placing/storing Ground Object Add-On files I DL from here.

Most if not all the Read Me by the modders are crystal clear. Correct me if I am wrong.

1. Folders of the add-on must go to the Ground Object MAIN Folder, without them being extracted? I mean, the extracted CONTENTS (files in them with, e.g., dot lod, .bmp, and .datas) of which must not reside in the main Ground Object Folder?

2. Instead, the CONTENTS of such Add-On folders, i.e.m the .bmps, .lod, ,datas, go to the Main WEAPON Folder??

3. A bit tricky one, to me at least, is dealing with the GroundObjectsData main folder. I just stumbled upon only ONE Add-On, whose modder stated his folder must go directly to the Main GroundObject folder -- no fiddling with its contents as the engine will find them anyway.  

Thank you Wrench and other Senior Modders. 

Using logic, hopefully not twisted one, I decided to move the entire .bmps, dot inis, and the likes from the Main GroundObjects Folder under OBJECT in the WOE Structure, to _Bak-Folder that had been created.

This dummy method works! The change does not affect said GroundObjects Add-Ons negatively, they appeared in all the Terrains (IsraelME, Libya, Germany -- NOT the GermanyCE -- Formosa, and definitely the GermanyCE), even tho the IsraelME uses its own Cat.

Meanwhile, those dot bmps, dot datas inis, and other dot inis went to the Main Weapon Folder under the same OBJECT in the structure. 

Still, I would like instead my cool friend Dave's help regarding instlling SHIPS.

There are several types of such sea-borne GroundObjects Add-Ons in the DL section here, i.e., Cargo Ships small/large, Patrol Boats, Carriers, Destroyers, etc.

As I stated, sometime back last year, I once read that according to Mr. Capun the names of ALL non-Cargo Ships must be changed to Cargo_Ships in their respective data.ini.

E.g., Patrol Boat to be re-named Cargo_Ship. Otherwise, the would not show in the game.

My question to you Dave, is Mr. Capun correct to have stated so? I wonder if it also covers/includes the CARRIERS and Patrol Boats? 

Is there any valid documentation(s) in the Knowledge Base regarding said issue? A Link of those docs. is helpful as I have copied several of topics from that section, yet, I forgot whether I had copied it in my HDD.

Thank you Dave, and have a peaceful weekend.