Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Removing All displays

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before...but..How do I remove ALL hud / messages/ Info.. the lot!?...just me. cockpit and enemy..with no words /Target cones or target boxes (yuk)

Thanks

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

1) Set HUD to hard in gameplay options

2) During mission press Alt+D twice

Flying without aids sure makes it a different game, IMHO. Nothing like flying 2000ft. right over the top of an enemy formation and not seeing them. :blink: If it weren't for good ole Archie..... :cool:

... Nothing like flying 2000ft. right over the top of an enemy formation and not seeing them. If it weren't for good ole Archie..... :cool:

Yes, active archie makes the whole flying "sim-blind" well worth it. However, I've noticed that flying in Flanders terrain that archie there is much less active. I've flown over identified NME emplacements near their balloons and not a single shot was fired.

Now, I know this doesn't make sense since guns are guns whatever terrain you fly in, but in Flanders it sure feels like the AAA is just asleep. Can anyone else verify?

Hello, UK_W giving the "other WWI sim" a go? Give it a chance, add some excellent 3rdparty mods (a MUST are Peter01's flight models) and enjoy. There are pros and cons to each.

Thanks Guys,

Yeah, Ive had First Eagles since it came out..wasn't hugely impressed at first..but like so many things...the real talent, is the modders...and have seen some really good stuff coming out..so looking forward to another look

Thanks guys for your help :drinks:

Yes, active archie makes the whole flying "sim-blind" well worth it. However, I've noticed that flying in Flanders terrain that archie there is much less active. I've flown over identified NME emplacements near their balloons and not a single shot was fired.

Now, I know this doesn't make sense since guns are guns whatever terrain you fly in, but in Flanders it sure feels like the AAA is just asleep. Can anyone else verify?

Hello, UK_W giving the "other WWI sim" a go? Give it a chance, add some excellent 3rdparty mods (a MUST are Peter01's flight models) and enjoy. There are pros and cons to each.

Bandy, you get that occasionally in other terrains too. Not sure what it is exactly. Could have something to do with proximity to target area or flight path?

TS,

You're probably right, I just fly a lot in Flanders lately so that could be my source of bias... Short term memory being what it is... :blink: