Sign in to follow this  
Mast

Eurofighter Typhoon & IRIS-T/MBDA Meteor missiles

Heya everybody,

I downloaded and installed the Eurofighter Typhoon, looks fantastic in SF2 Europe. I wanted to get the IRIS-T and MBDA Meteor missiles also, so I downloaded the ones from SF1. I used the SF2 weapons editor to get them working. The IRIS-T shows up (on the Typhoon) but the Meteor missiles do not (stations 1-4 amraam stations). Is there a fix? Did I do something wrong? Also is the ASRAAM in game? I don't see it in the editor. Thanks for your time.

Mast

Go to the downloads section and get 331Killerbee's SF2 Ordnance Shop Weapon Pack thingamajig. It has the AIM-132 in there, and I believe the Meteor, all for SF2.

Thank you... going to download right now. smile.gif

Mast

Installed the 331Killerbee's SF2 Ordnance Shop Weapon Pack and now the Meteor missiles are black (better than nothing showing). It's not showing the included skin. Any help with this issue?

Try this, and if it somehow doesn't work... there's another download in the SF1 download section under single weapon files. If that doesn't work... you got me. :dunno:

Meteor.7z

Edited by EricJ

Thanks again EricJ. I went and downloaded the SF1 version. So now I have 3 versions; the SF1 version, KillerBees version and the one you posted. What do the Meteor_Weapon.ini and MBDA Meteor.out do? These two files are not in your file but are in the SF1 file. I'm trying to figure this out as to why one set shows no Meteor, while the other shows the Meteor with no skin? I did notice the name change (MBDA Meteor vs. Meteor) between the two. I'm about to give up on this and just use the AMRAAM.

Well you can go into the Knowledge Base and see about converting the SF1 version to SF2. The .out file is just an additional file that lists the textures. You can delete that and things will be okay. Another reason you may check is that the original nation is SWEDEN, you have also set it for export in order for it to show up. I did that and (I haven't double checked) it should be loadable, as I figure it's a Brit plane, it should have it loaded.

Ok... that did the trick! Made those changes and everything works. Thank you very much!