Sign in to follow this  
peter01

Updated FMs - No1

New FMs for the Br.14 (Two versions), DH-4 (Two versions), RE.8 and Nieuport 11.

The DH.4, Br.14 and RE.8 FMs are improvements to those I did last year, especially the DH.4 and Br14. Plus an extra Liberty engine version of the DH.4 and the Br.14.

The Nieuport 11 FM is new too. Added to this D/L for the non-bomber type flyboys, and because it is real neat (IMO of course).

I'm probably whistling in the wind here :dntknw:, BUT, feedback, good and bad, appreciated. There are always some problems with FMs, some can be solved, so let me know please.

No1 2010 FMs - Dh4 Br14 Re8 Nie11.zip

IMPORTANT

=========

You must have installed "FE Nov 2008 Game Files" component within the "UPDATED FE Plane FMs for Nov 2008 Patch" for everything such as guns, loadouts and pilot models to work properly. It is available here at CombatAce: First Eagles by Thirdwire> First Eagles Add-On Aircraft> Flight Models.

INSTALLATION

============

1) I recommend you backup the folders of the above aircraft before installing.

2) To use both versions of the DH.4 and Br.14, first copy your current DH-4 and Br14 folders in the Objects/Aircraft folder of your main First Eagles directory and rename the copied folders as follows:

Copy of Br14 folder -> "Br14_Liberty"

Copy of DH-4 folder -> "DH-4_Liberty"

3) Place all the files from this download into the corresponding aircraft directories.

Edited by peter01

Just a note Peter01, I installed your new FM to my DH-4 and found all ailerons and elevators are reversed. The input and response is correct. Justr the models' parts move in the opposite dirrections.

Looking forward to trying these Peter. Just one question, which engine variant does the new DH4 FM represent? Is it Eagle III, Eagle VIII, Puma, BHP or whatever? I ask because there was up to a 50% difference in power between these, so that performance-wise there were DH4's and there were super-DH4's (ie the ones with the Eagle VIII's).

Mike

Ah, thanks quack. I noticed that problem a couple of months ago, but must have reverted back to an older file, prior to fixing. I'll upload the fixed DH.4 files in the next batch of FMs.

Yeah, there were a lot of engines used Mike. I chose the 250hp RR Eagle III for the DH-4, and the 400hp Liberty for the DH.4 Liberty variant. The latter is a "super variant" I guess, and one is probably enough?

Thanks Peter,

And good hint, I'll use the 400hp Liberty Plane model with RFC/RAF skins to make a 375hp Eagle VIII DH4 version.

Now I wish someone would do a DH9 for FE.

Mike

Hey, many thanks Peter!

Missed you around here...