Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Virtual Cockpits. Need Information.

I admit I do not know much about using VCs. Oh, I know how to select the view and all, but how are they used in the sim?

Can you pan the VC? If so, how?

What is the advantage of having a VC?

Navy Chief

Chief, the advantage of using the VC is the view is much more clearer. You can use your hat buttons to move up, down, left and right. Also can use + or -(minus) to move in or out.

Normally many buttons aren't clickable but it's a much better view than the tight 2D cockpit.

Check out Kirk Olssens's VC for his Viper.

this is Dean Reimer's F-18 VC from 2002.

F-18%20VC.jpg

This is the Payware T-37 which is steps above most VCs

T-37%20VC.jpg

T-37%20VC%202.jpg

Yes, you can pan the VC. The advantage is having a completely 3d panel at your disposal, instead of being limited to a 2d picture. you pan by using your number pad (num lock off), your joystick hat switch, or TrakIR. I think it would be best with TrackIR. There used to be a thread that showed a nice F-16 VC with trackir, but I think it fell off the bottom of the board.

Thanks all!

I will try panning a vc with the hat switch, num pad, etc.... Am interested in trying some flights, using a vc.

NC