Sign in to follow this  
waco1937

Instant action sorties

I've been thru the manual a couple of times and flown instant action quite a few times and have been stuck flying the Spad the whole time. What has to happen to end up flying a different plane?

Guest rscsjsuso5

welcome you are a new member with 36 posts

don't know what u are asking for but let me try

1. u went through the manual/etc... and know everything about ww1 planes

2. for instant action u can fly a different plane but your wingman/etc.. will be different , go to options.ini and go to instantaction section where it says spad13 change to a flyable aircraft of your choice and make sure all relevant info in that section is intact but before u do back up original one and of course save and exit and run game , u should know the rest/logistics .

3. for singles missions just choice a flyable

4. for campaign u will need mission editor.

enjoy your week and again welcome to the community

Well, instant action is also meant for those who are modding or tweaking graphics settings to get best sim performance/graphics quality out of their rig while flying FE. In that context you do NOT want to change any mission settings or aicraft other than the tweaks you made, then look at FPS while in instant action to see the results of the tweak.

So like the fellow with the unintelligible forum handle says, you have to go into the instant action file to make the change if you desire.

Hopes this makes some sense now.

Thanx Bandy, I tried a little experiment and it went south on me. I'm at the bottom of the learning curve with FE's files and folders scheme. Enjoy the sim immensely. A very good change of pace from OFF. I was just trying to learn RB when OFF came out and I turned to it. Now I have two WW1 sims to fly. I'm a hardware sort of guy rather than software, hence I stumble and trip often. What's the specific name of the instant action I should tinker with?

Correction: Never mind Bandy found the File. Have to figure out now how to tweak it for another plane.

Okay, figured it out. Flying an SE5 in Instant Action now. Thanx for your help, guys. I'm just going to save a changed options file for each plane I want to fly.