Sign in to follow this  
MiG Master

Marder Roland and Gepard for SF2E

Marder Roland and Gepard for SF2E

***Marder Roland and Gepard AAA for SF2E, version 1.0 - by MiG Master***

Original vehicle and missile models, .inis, and skins by Gablion

Conversion to SF2 format, vehicle, gun, and missile .ini modifications, and Roland RWR symbol by MiG Master

-To install the vehicles and weapons, simply merge the Objects folder from the .rar file to your Mod Folder's Objects folder. The Rolands and Gepards will appear randomly on the battlefield. The Rolands are set to Mobile_AAA instead of Mobile_SAM because the game favors AAA over SAMs.

-To install the Roland RWR symbol, merge the Flight folder with your Mod Folder's Flight folder. To get the Roland RWR symbol to appear on your TEWS RWR-equipped aircraft, add the following line to each aircraft's <plane name>_RWR.LST file:

Roland=RWR_Roland

You should see an "RO" on your TEWS display. The Gepard's Super Fledermaus radar is also used with static Oerlikon AAA batteries, so I set it to use the stock ThirdWire AAA symbol ("A").

-The Gepard's Oerlikon cannon should install automatically. If not, I've included a backup "add in GUNDATA.INI" file that you can import into the game with the SF2 Gun Editor.

-The vehicle .ini edits include adding radar frequency information and converting the skins to ObjectData format. The Marder Roland's capacity has been increased to six missiles to simulate it being reloaded. The Roland missile .ini edits are meant to reflect the Roland II missile's stats and capabilities as it was used in the West German Army (within the limitations of the game). The Oerlikon cannon's edits are to try to simulate the cannon's warhead-less sabot ammunition (also within the limitations of the game).

-These have been tested and work with SF2E Dec.2009 patch, and SF2E with NATO Fighters 4+ Jun.2009b patch, including in the middle of an SF2E NF4+ campaign. I have not tested these in SF2/V/I- use at your own risk!

-If you want these for SFP1/WoX, Gablion's original Gepard and Marder Roland are available at the CombatAce website's download page.

-If you have any questions or concerns, you may reach me at the CombatAce forums.

-These mods are not for use in any payware.

-Version History:

v1.0 released 02/10/2010. Initial version