Sign in to follow this  
Winston DoRight

OT: off to France

We are flying a Nieuport in the Saturday multiplayer sessions and of course we are in France in OFF, so it all reminded me of this scene in "Piece of Cake" as they ready themselves for the squadron move to France. It's a different era but comedy is timeless, right?

or

http://tinypic.com/r/vpds45/6

"Piece of Cake". A BBS production around 1992 or thereabout. Wonderful movie when it was on TV but I missed the final chapter then. I bought a 3 DVD set of it online somewhere but can't remember where. Maybe it can be rented? It's a must see. Real Spits, and spanish ME's and REAL flying!

Edited by Winston DoRight

Actually it was produced by the BBC in 1988 and shown here in the states on the BBC channel "Masterpiece Theatre" in 1992. Here's where I got my DVD: http://www.bbcameric...cake-12956.html

I'm sure they have a similar store in the UK, try googling Piece of Cake BBC. It's a must have movie for any aviation enthusiast's collection. I re-watch it several times a year. You can search Youtube, there are some other clips available there.

Edited by Winston DoRight

Wow!..thanks guys...I never seen it before!...will pick that up! :drinks:

Only thing that would have made it even better, would have been to have a mix of fixed pitch 2 bladed hurricanes and a few 2 speed pitch versions like they originally had, but since there were only 2 or 3 Hurricanes flying back then, using Spits was more practical.