Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Eglin Afb Locked Garagedoors

Okay folks, here a funny story what I read today.

Eglin AFB has a new radarfrequency that is so strong or on the same level as automatic garagedoors. So when a car comes home, his owner wanna open the door of the garage it is locked. :D

It is serious a problem for the people that live near the base.

I find it funny, the Airforce blocked doors in the neighbourhood.

Sometimes new stuff, is not so good for everybody. :lol:

Salute

Dutchy

LOL, that is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

T-Bone

Throwing my own slightly interesting story in here...

At the last house I lived at, my garage door frequency must have matched one of my neighbors a few houses down. I'd hit the door opener and his door would open. I always had to make sure to hit the button again (in my own garage) to close his door. Oddly enough, I never found my door open. :blink:

LOL

Out where I live we have the Nevada Test Site which does occasional nuclear testing. One test sometime last year had sent out weak EMP but had disabled garage doors from opening as well as keyless entry for one's car. This mostly happened on the outskirts of town on the far NW side along with most of Indian Springs.