Sign in to follow this  
Spiff

SF2 TOMCAT Update Pack

SF2 TOMCAT Update Pack

For those who have not done this already, this is a small user friendly pack for SF2 to add Ravenclaws nose camera to the A/B/D models and

flaviodutra's drop tanks and weapon rails. It is a drag and drop installation with some data.ini edits spelled out in the readme. All credit goes to Ravenclaw and flaviodutra. I think it improves the external model of the MF F-14A, but I'll let you be the judge. Read the included readme before you attempt the mod.

Spiff

Looks nice. But a lot of work on the ini editing side.

Why not include the edited ini's in the first place?

Is it for user flexibility?

Greetings,

Thought about including data.ini files but decided not to. Some people mod those files too and the original mods were presented pretty much the same way I did except configured for SF2. Besides, the readme was written for someone with little or no modding experience. If you were to edit it for a knowledgeable modder, you would be left with adding 10 little lines to the data.ini and editing 4 (that's an estimate) for the weapon rails and a nose camera; for the tanks you're checking a couple of lines in the loadout and data.ini files and moving 3 folders (rails/camera included). In the end, you'll at least be a little more familiar with data.ini structure and associated files in general, which is a good thing.

Spiff