Sign in to follow this  
jayo

Multiple Weapons Packs

Hey all,

In my attempt to understand "how it all works" im gonna create a campaign from an existing one but with new timeline,relevant aricraft etc etc. My WoE (SF1) install is using the NF series,what i would like to know is can i use a seperate weapons pack for my particular campaign within this install?

cheers,Jayo

Yes, if you know:

1. How to work with the weapondata.ini

2. How the directory structure for the weapons are arranged.

3. What specific files you need for each weapon.

4. How to work with the weapons editor.

5. How to arrange the files so that the weapon is 'visible' to the player and the weapons editor.

You must know these five things. If you do not know any one of them, you are doomed to failure.

I would suggest VERY strongly to get familiar with how your weapons work in your current install. And then start with small changes.

FC

Ok FastCargo thanks,i will heed your advice and start with the current pack.good.gif

Interesting point #5....

Guest Raden

Ok FastCargo thanks,i will heed your advice and start with the current pack.good.gif

Interesting point #5....

FastCargo has always been helpful I observed. I shall ASAP save his advice, too for my personal reff. And its totally FREE, ones we cannot get anywhere else on the globe I guess  :grin:. Thanks FastCarg!

I myself had a problem with my Soviet R-77 that did not show in all my plabes with it. I ASAP checked my WeaponData dot ini, searched fast the offending long-range SAHM or AHM.

Oh, turned out there are two R-77s in it. The other being R-77 AA-12!

So, I just made a manual change to the weaponload of each MSN in the whole planes carrying the R-77! What a time-consuming chore!

So, now the R-77 changed to a simple AA-77 that shows always on the pylon(s).

I even granted a couple of my USAF-USN/IAF/France and Ausie modern jets the luxury of carrying the DEADLY (I tweaked it to wooooosh! (60kms away! Does radar range ring a bell?) towards any enemy jets -- the Soviet's and its client states jets as well as the well-modded Chilean F-16 that sides with the USA/Western nation!) AA-12 made in the Soviet Union/Russia.

How about this one C-2000-5 Mirage belongs to Taiwan?

I did not carry it in the MSN few hours back. But, instead it carried an other deadly Soviet's R-131M1 tweaked as an SAHM by me.:yikes:

Kindly have a look at it, just smashed -- as a great BONUS after sinking 8 out eleven, ugly Egyptian Fishing boats -- four deadly Iranian IARAF F-16s:

See? I am NOT fanatical (sided with just one, favorite nation -- in this game of WOE!), I flew both sides, and am merciless vs my enemies -- whoever they were. Blue or Red -- or "green" (Arab AF and Iranian's).

BTW, tho I remain a non-paying member (Many thanks a lot Admin!), it doesn't mean I did not spend money for our Internet connection, monthly -- and it's NOT cheap here in this nation littered with VERY corrupt G- men and women! Especially the BADDEST cops around!  :grin:

Edited by Raden
  • Like 1

Guest Raden

FastCargo has always been helpful I observed. I shall ASAP save his advice, too for my personal reff. And its totally FREE, ones we cannot get anywhere else on the globe I guess  :grin:. Thanks FastCarg!

I myself had a problem with my Soviet R-77 that did not show in all my plabes with it. I ASAP checked my WeaponData dot ini, searched fast the offending long-range SAHM or AHM.

Oh, turned out there are two R-77s in it. The other being R-77 AA-12!

So, I just made a manual change to the weaponload of each MSN in the whole planes carrying the R-77! What a time-consuming chore!

So, now the R-77 changed to a simple AA-77 that shows always on the pylon(s).

I even granted a couple of my USAF-USN/IAF/France and Ausie modern jets the luxury of carrying the DEADLY (I tweaked it to wooooosh! (60kms away! Does radar range ring a bell?) towards any enemy jets -- the Soviet's and its client states jets as well as the well-modded Chilean F-16 that sides with the USA/Western nation!) AA-12 made in the Soviet Union/Russia.

How about this one C-2000-5 Mirage belongs to Taiwan?

I did not carry it in the MSN few hours back. But, instead it carried an other deadly Soviet's R-131M1 tweaked as an SAHM by me.:yikes:

Kindly have a look at it, just smashed -- as a great BONUS after sinking 8 out eleven, ugly Egyptian Fishing boats -- four deadly Iranian IARAF F-16s:

See? I am NOT fanatical (sided with just one, favorite nation -- in this game of WOE!), I flew both sides, and am merciless vs my enemies -- whoever they were. Blue or Red -- or "green" (Arab AF and Iranian's).

BTW, tho I remain a non-paying member (Many thanks a lot Admin!), it doesn't mean I did not spend money for our Internet connection, monthly -- and it's NOT cheap here in this nation littered with VERY corrupt G- men and women! Especially the BADDEST cops around!  :grin:

Hi again Jayo.

Kindly se the attachments, new ones here. A little tweakis on the planes_data.ini, in Weapons, later n on Loading Weapons, made all this possible.

Edited by Raden