Sign in to follow this  
peter01

Updated FMs No10a - The Odd Bunch

Well, okay, a bit of an odd bunch. Continuing with my Lewis loadout streak.

But, but ....

I like to fly bombers, but it is a bit boring for me if you can't strafe, so added Lewis guns to the Farman and BE.2D. You can't dogfight - they are pretty well useless for that.

The Morane L 2-seater with overhead Lewis is as realistic as the one with the Lewis on the nose. And looks better :cool: . It is a fighter, more or less.

The Nieuport 16's? Well shoot me, but I like them. It is a pity there is not a Vickers model we can use like the Lewis - I think most in reality had a synchronised Vickers. And so maybe the Nieuport 16 with the synchronised Lewis isn't far off?

Pics below ....

5 FMs for the Be2DL, Farman MF11cL, MSTypeLOL, Nieuport16D, Nieuport16S.

- Loadout files are included.

The "L" is for extra Lewis, the "D" is for Dual Lewis, the "S" for synchronised single Lewis.

The Be2D, Farman, Morane L 2-seater can carry bombs with the Lewis gun. The Nieuport 16S can also carry Le prieurs with the additional gun. The Nieuport 16D has no loadout.

No10a 2010 FMs - The Odd Bunch.zip

IMPORTANT

=========

These are for FE1 and FE2.

For FE1 you must have installed "FE Nov 2008 Game Files" component within the "UPDATED FE Plane FMs for Nov 2008 Patch" for everything such as guns, loadouts and pilot models to work properly. It is available here at CombatAce: First Eagles by Thirdwire> First Eagles Add-On Aircraft> Flight Models. BUT it will be better if you install ALL the game files (weapondata, gundata, aircraftobject etc I uploaded in this update for the Lewis guns "Updated FMs No10 - Camels Dr1 Spads Nie17-23s" here if you have not already done so http://forum.combatace.com/topic/53736-updated-fms-no10-camels-dr1-spads-nie17-23s/

For FE2 you must download my FE2 game files for things to work - weapons, gundata, etc - if you have not already done so. It is available here at CombatAce: First Eagles by Thirdwire> First Eagles Add-On Aircraft> Flight Models.

INSTALLATION

============

1) I recommend you backup the folders of the above aircraft before installing.

2) To use these, copy your following current folders in the Objects/Aircraft folder of your main First Eagles directory and rename the copies as follows:

Copy of your BE-2D -> "BE-2DL"

Copy of your MSTypeLO -> "MSTypeLOL"

Copy of your Nieuport16 -> "Nieuport16D"

Copy of your Nieuport16 -> "Nieuport16S"

Copy of your Farman MF11c -> "Farman MF11cL"

3) Place all the files from this download into the corresponding plane folders in the /Objects/Aircraft of your First Eagles installation.

post-7058-12679245181442.jpg

post-7058-12679245263258.jpg

post-7058-12679245374067.jpg

post-7058-12679245541375.jpg

post-7058-12679245464026.jpg

Edited by peter01

The Be2D, Farman, Morane L 2-seater can carry bombs with the Lewis gun. The Nieuport 16S can also carry Le prieurs with the additional gun. The Nieuport 16D has no loadout.

BTW, I will be making similar changes in the final version to the N17L and N23L so they can carry Le Prieurs in addition to the Lewis. And to the CamelF1_110L, CamelF1_110D and CamelF2_150 so they can carry bombs as well at least.

Edited by peter01

Peter there is a vickers mg in the WW1 "gun pod pack over at Capuns site.it can be added just like the lewis guns so you can add one to the Nie 16 if you want to.

Peter there is a vickers mg in the WW1 "gun pod pack over at Capuns site.it can be added just like the lewis guns so you can add one to the Nie 16 if you want to.

Neat!

Thanks for that WK, hadn't seen it before. And thanks again to the A-team, they have done so much stuff for TK's games.

Damn I completely forgot,If you add the guns as gun pods they can't be unjammed,it had been so long it just slipped my mind.that was the reason that we were adding the guns using the "pilot" method.maybe we could hound TK to fix that but I think it was asked a while ago and wasn't done.

Damn I completely forgot,If you add the guns as gun pods they can't be unjammed,it had been so long it just slipped my mind.that was the reason that we were adding the guns using the "pilot" method.maybe we could hound TK to fix that but I think it was asked a while ago and wasn't done.

True, WK. But the gunpods don't seem to jam too much. If they do, that can be fixed anyway.

The way I'm now doing them, there isn't even a reload for the Lewis - though they come with several hundred rounds.

Just feel waaay waaay better this way, that is the main thing, and you can easily do some complex loadouts too, so you don't need a whole lot of different planes. You can't do this with the other methods. In the pics below, this is the same plane which defaults to a Vickers but has different loadouts. Note the different Lewis, the lower sitting one is my balloon busting ammo Lewis. It also comes with Le Prieurs with the Vickers, but you could add those to any gun loadout combo as well.

post-7058-12681824414216.jpg

post-7058-12681824606348.jpg

post-7058-12681824952397.jpg

post-7058-12681825220196.jpg

post-7058-12681825427101.jpg

post-7058-12681825736487.jpg

Edited by peter01

yeah playing around with those guns are loads of fun.there are so many different combos out there to try.I gues I'm just unluck as the first three time I flew I had james on all my guns after 30 to 50 rnds.I'll have to try more and see how things work out.

yeah playing around with those guns are loads of fun.there are so many different combos out there to try.I gues I'm just unluck as the first three time I flew I had james on all my guns after 30 to 50 rnds.I'll have to try more and see how things work out.

Hmmm. This stuff is certainly a little new, at least for me.

But my last lot (not these on this thread) use a different loadout method, and I fly those quite a bit - all last night. Gun jams were very very rare. It could well be that the last method results in less jams, not sure.

AND I'm flying FE2.

If you do fly them let me know, I can fix it by specifying new guns in the weaponsdata & gundata files that are the same but won't jam. Had considered doing it, but guns just didn't jam much at all for me, and gun jams that couldn't be unjammed twice or three times in 3 hours of dogfighting sort of added to the realism to me.

I like that double Sopwith Tripegood.gif

Not unlucky. Tried FE1, and yes they jam. Not very much at all in FE2. TK made some changes.

I figured it was just me and my bad luck.I own FE2 just have been reluctant to give up on my FE1 install as of yet.I think it's about time I go into FE2 full tilt.