Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

1918 "Manual Of Rigging Notes", Another Great Find

Good Morning All,

I nabbed another book bargain this weekend and can't wait for it to arrive in the mail. It is a beautiful example of the 1918 version of the "Manual Of Rigging Notes", originally issued by the U.S. Air Service in the final year of WWI. Here are a few pics of the item, (I apologize for the graininess of the images, I copied them at a lower quality to keep the file size smaller):

rigging_notes_book_1918_01.jpg

This may be a reprint, but if it is it appears to be an exceptional one and is assembled just like the original using a pair of large brass rivets to bind the book together. It is about 180 pages with 25 or so pull-out diagrams plus many other tech drawings, and of course full rigging and maintenance notes for the three aircraft listed in the index. The last one of these I came across in the marketplace was a rather beat-up original that sold for $190. I purchased this one from a gentleman in Wisconsin for $48, which is a great deal, even for a reprint.

Me so happy!

Lou

Okay so when are you building your WW1 plane ??? :rofl:

Nice buy though...

Me so happy!

Lou

You so lucky!

Jammy bleeder.yikes.gif