Sign in to follow this  
Eagle99

How to install planes in IL-2 Forgotten Battles?

Hey guys , how i can add new planes in IL-2 Forgotten Battles?? :please:I`m waiting an answer!!!

Do you mean installing new planes you created or finding extra planes to install?

I downloaded planes from AllAircraftArcade.com , but i don`t know how to install them in the game .

What I have to do??

I downloaded planes from AllAircraftArcade.com , but i don`t know how to install them in the game .

What I have to do??

I never downloaded anithing from there, so I'm not sure I can help you (perhaps in the AllAircraftArcade.com download section have some install instructions). Actually, I've downloaded either official patchs or mods with self installing files (Sturmovik isn't exactly a modders friendly game).

So, here's my little help (perhaps useless, but you can always try).

First thing, make sure you downladed the planes for your version of the game.

Second, make a copy of the game folder in case you need to restore it

Are those planes packed in zip or rar files? If they are, you can open the file and look for a folder with the same name of your game's root folder. If it exists, I think you can simply copy it to your game's folder. If there's not such folder, you can try to find in your game folder subfolders with the name of those in your packed file and then copy the file's folders's contents to the folders in the game.

Good luck, and I hope this is helpful to you.

Edited by shotdown

It`s in a RAR file. In that file is a single folder with the name "MODS" and in the MODS folder is the data files of the airplane. . I think it must be copied in the game folder. I copied it but in the game don`t appears anything!

I'll tell you how it works with a mod I downloaded form another page (I hope it works for you).

You must add a line like this for every new plane in the Air.ini file (in the unmoded game it's in the "game root folder"\Files\com\maddox\il2\objects\, with the Ultra pack 2.0 its' in "game root folder"\-MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects, Im not sure about your installation):

1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6)

F4U-1 air.F4U1 1 NOINFO usa01 DESERT

1) is the name you will see in the list of planes

2) is the name of the Java class with the plane info*

3) is (I think) the side (1=alies,2=axis)

I'm not sure about 4),5) and 6) and I think you can copy them from any other line of that file

2)* the name of the Java class is something like this:"com.maddox.il2.objects.air.Airplane_name " (com.maddox.il2.objects.air.F4U1 for me), you must only copy "air.Airplane_name ". I'm not sure about the file where you can find it, but I'll show you where it was in the mod I downloaded:

post-43085-12749059493304.jpg

As I said before, I hope it works.

Edited by shotdown