Sign in to follow this  
jlan5031

Lost Aircraft

I've just noticed some of the German aircraft can't be accessed. Neither Quick Combat nor Campaign menus will allow Halberstat II/III, Pfalz, Albatross, aircraft to appear. Everything seems to load normally, but instead of arriving at the field, the screen returns to its respective start page.

I'm updated to HITR 1.47. I haven't added anything extra to OFF. I've tried new pilots and dates without success.

Does anyone have any helpful ideas?

I'm running on Windows XP and have never noticed a problem. I recently had to reinstall OFF because of another problem. It seemed to work well. I don't often fly German AC, so I didn't notice right away. Fokker IIIs, DVIIs (haven't tried all yet), work all right. Alb.DIIs used to, but they don't seem to now. They work as AI aircraft. I looked in the Halberstadt AC file in OFF and couldn't open one of the files, because it stated one of the files might have been corrupted during the download. Maybe it's time to reinstall which I haven't tried, because I'm having a, so far, successful campaign in a Pup, and don't want to lose it yet.

Very interesting solution, and my thanks for it. The Halberstadt appeared and was flown in the CFS3 config. mode, but it wouldn't appear in the Campaign mode or the regular Quick Combat mode. So, the ac doesn't appear to be disabled, it just seems not to be connected to the latter two programs. Any ideas?

Incidentally, in my innocence, I used my Pup pilot, and upon landing at a German field, he was captured.

How would I go about a "reset?" I don't know when there was a time when the Halberstadt worked properly. Is that important?

I thought you might like to hear the end of the story. I was looking over the installation instructions and realized I had been pretty relaxed about following the directions. Since nothing else worked, I uninstalled and reinstalled all following the directions. Now all works as it should. Thak you for all the help.