Sign in to follow this  
rogerbacon

Q: installing WW2 weapon pack

I have WOI with the latest patch. I downloaded teh WW2 weapon pack and installed it and two planes A6M and F4F-4. Both planes' guns work and they fly but no bombs, drop tanks, or other weapons are available to be loaded on them. The WW2 weapons pack has everything in a WEAPONS folder. I tried putting it under my OBJECTS folder and then I tried putting all the files IN my OBJECTS folder. Neither worked. The Weapondata.ini and .dat files contain the correct weapons that are in the planes' loadout files but they just don't appear in the game. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Also, is it true that the weapondata.ini and gundata.ini do nothing if you edit them and that only the .dat files are read in game so you have to use the editor utilities to edit them?

A known issue, when using 06 and earlier weapon in an 08 and later game.

the fix is here:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/33279-septoct-2008-patch-weapons-issue-fix/

BTW: WoI is NOT the choice for WW2 era installs. It's lacking the needed terrain cats (desert, germanyCE and sometimes vietnamSEA) for the WW2 terrains. I should know, I rebuilt all of them....

wrench

kevin stein

A known issue, when using 06 and earlier weapon in an 08 and later game.

the fix is here:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/33279-septoct-2008-patch-weapons-issue-fix/

OK, I did those steps. For step 3 "Apply weapons pack" I put the WEAPONS folder under the OBJECTS folder. I'm still not getting anything showing up for weapons except for the SBD (Dive Bomber). It has no weapons on its hardpoints ingame but the stores available show MK81-MK84 bombs and they can be loaded on it. Other weapons, including the ones its supposed to have don't show up.

BTW: WoI is NOT the choice for WW2 era installs. It's lacking the needed terrain cats (desert, germanyCE and sometimes vietnamSEA) for the WW2 terrains. I should know, I rebuilt all of them....

I bought WoE when it came out but go frustrated with it (didn't really have the time to learn it back then). I figured WOI would be the best mnodding platform since it was more recent.