Sign in to follow this  
spitfire007

What is the best way for 2nd install of WoE

I would like to install Operation Desert Storm campaign but need a separate WoE install. I am running XP and have WoE Cold War Gone Hot already in its default location. Where can I get information for 2nd install for a rookie like me.

Thanks

1. Find your default WOE directory.

2. Copy the WHOLE directory.

3. Rename the new directory to something like "Desert Storm"

4. Install the ODS mod to the new directory.

5. You're done...run the WOE executable in your new directory.

FC

There are a number of articles in the Knowledge Base regarding this topic but basic answer is that you can simply copy your WOE program folder to a different folder and install ODS into the new folder. You will want to make a shortcut to WOE.EXE in the new folder (maybe give it a new name so you know it's ODS.)

TW sims do not populate the Windows register with any critical information so you don't need a formal install process to get a new copy. Keep in mind, though that your ODS install will not show up on your Start>Program list unless you manually put the shortcuts there.