Sign in to follow this  
rabu

Huge TrackIR Improvement

Dej, that set up is a beauty Sir. I am a big fan of mixing new and old, so what you have there is right up my alley. BTW, is the monocular a Barr & Stroud? Looks rather old and very military. I see you're a musical sort as well, what with the piano and tom tom. Do you play them, or is that yet another flair your missus has? And about your multi-talented and flexible wife...you'll be dead far too young I'm afraid.

Dej, that set up is a beauty Sir. I am a big fan of mixing new and old, so what you have there is right up my alley. BTW, is the monocular a Barr & Stroud? Looks rather old and very military. I see you're a musical sort as well, what with the piano and tom tom. Do you play them, or is that yet another flair your missus has? And about your multi-talented and flexible wife...you'll be dead far too young I'm afraid.

Cheers, Lou, Olham, Rabu.

I think it probably is a B&S monocular, Lou, although the area where the embossed name should be is worn and barely legible. It doesn't quite match any B&S design I've seen on the web either having some kind of extendable section at the thick end, almost like a flash shield. I don't know its provenance I'm afraid, friend of mine gave it me after picking it up at a car boot (yard sale type thing), it has the WD arrow on it but more than that I can't say. Still works beautufully though and comes in handy these summer months, living as I do on the London-avoidance flight paths for many of the big UK airshows... for instance the Red Arrows flew right smack over my house in immaculate diamond formation Saturday 4th Jul. I was floating on my back in the pool and nearly bloody drowned myself, they were so low and of course I never heard them 'til the last minute. The binoculars are my wife's father's WW2 Navy issue, those are his medals on the wall and his MiD scroll hangs in the hallway. The photo is not me, but my eldest son when he was a recruit in the Royal Marines.

In answer to the other question, the drum is a Bodhrán which I play in the odd ceilidh band from time to time. The better half is the piano player.

[EDIT]Actually, probably not a B&S... been straining me poor minces trying to make out the writing and it says A. C. 2010 | Power 10 Field 5 1/4 (degrees symbol) | No. 118 703 | PATT 2112. And as mentioned above it has the UK WD arrow on it and the extending 'flash shield' is made of brass. Google it with no results - now I have to know grrr...[/EDIT]

Edited by Dej