Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

Yesterday I ordered something interesting!

It's an ENCYCLOPEDIA!!!:yikes:But not just an ordinary one...it's ENCYKLOPEDIA TECHNIKI WOJSKOWEJ which roughly translates to Encyclopedia Of Miltiary Technology/Equipment. So what's so special about it? Well it's special to me coz last time I read it it was in my school's library about 14-15 years ago, and back then it seemed really comprehensive and detailed...In a couple of days I'll find out if my memory serves me well. Other interesting thing about it is that it's been published in 1987 by MON publishing (Polish Ministry of Defence), so it's like a semi-official government stuff. And in 1987 Poland was still communist and our Ministry of Defence was even more so :grin:. I wonder what information did we have on American/NATO equipment , jets, missiles, radars back then? How accurate was it? How much information about Soviet/Warsaw Pact equipment our Big Brother let us to be published in this book? I'm just dying to find out! So it can be a goldmine of resources for modding or just a pile of krap, I guess it can swing either way. But the best thing about it is that it cost me equivalent of 10$ postage included and it's over 800 pages thick, so in worst case scenario it can serve as an armor plate :lol:

Edited by SFP1Ace

Sounds like it would be really valuable for info on WP aircraft and equipment. But yeah, reliability of any conclusions made about data is questionable, but solid numerical data should be fine. Doubt the accuracy of info on NATO equipment outside of anything that was ever directly captured.

I remember seeing how we were mortified by the Mig-25 and thought it was a super fighter like the F-15 or 16 became, rather than as a heavy interceptor with limited range and capabilities until a pilot defected with one.

Epic FAIL :rofl:. Although it contains quaite many articles, they're all generic, outdated (Su-15TM as one of the latest sukhoi's products, lol, in1987 ;) ) and I can forget about stuff like radars or missiles parameters. Well it can always serve as a curiosity...Time to start hunting for those Jane's yearbooks I guess....