Sign in to follow this  
skausal

Cougar Paddle Lever

Most have seen my website ( www.splash-one-bandit.com ) and see that I offer replica F-16 switch hat/knobs for the TM Cougar to give it a more authentic look. So far I have only offered these in urethane resin. The actual F-16 stick/throttle uses urethane resin hat and knobs while the TM Cougar uses all metal. While developing my own HOTAS set-up, I ran a couple test runs on the replica paddle lever I offer for the Cougar using metal (lead-free pewter) and want to know if this is something I should pursue or abandon. The cost will be higher as the metal is more expensive than plastic and using metal wears out the rubber molds faster than the urethane resin. I've sold a good group of the "Cougar Mod Package" and was just wondering if a metal paddle lever (actual F-16 paddle lever is metal) would be something the community would be interested in.

Here's the unpainted metal paddle lever.

post-52926-077531800 1288038564.jpg

What do you think??

Steve