Sign in to follow this  
Delta6Actual

New weapons pack problems

Alright, I just added the Sep/Oct 2008 patch, and the new weapons editor plus weapons pack 2.52. As a result, I have lost a lot of weapons that I added beforehand. One of the fixes I read was to remove the WEAPONDATA.DAT from the WEAPONDATA.INI after opening the new editor. When I went in, there is no WEAPONDATA.DAT or WEAPONDATA.INI. I thought I followed all of the instructions, but lost all of the old stuff I added previously. What should I do? Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Sorry to be a pain in the ass twice in one day!)

If you have no weapondata.dat or weapondata.ini, that's why you've lost most of your weapons...the game is reverting to the stock weapondata.dat file, located in the CAT files.

The weaponspack you downloaded should have come with it's own weapondata.ini/dat files located in the Objects/Weapons directory. If those files are not there, the sim will not see the weapons.

Find those files first then report back.

FC

I have decided to start over from scratch with a clean install. I'll get this right yet!

Since I am starting over, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a sequence for installing patches and weapons editors/packs. I have experience doing all of this (I'm running WOE), but I've been out of the game for about a year. I don't fly any campaigns, I add some planes, like lots of weapons and blow stuff up. I have read the tutorials, but a lot of those are dated '07 or '08 that recommend files from that long ago. Also, many of the patches/weapons packs come with confusing warnings in huge letters that say: don't use this if you have that, but if you don't have that you can use this. Then you follow one sequence and it screws up another. I am not trying to criticize anyone. All of the stuff here is great, I just have a tough time getting it all to work. I know you are supposed to back stuff up but how many times can you screw up? Soooo, should I start with all the most recent stuff and leave it at that, or start at the earliest stuff and work to the most current? If anyone could suggest a course of action I would really appreciate it.

Edited by Delta6Actual

Simple.

1. Install stock game.

2. Patch to latest level (Oct 08).

3. BACKUP the stock install you just created onto a DVD so that way you have a instant, no-install-routine backup.

4. General rules:

A) Anything with installers, do NOT install directly to your directory...install it somewhere same and copy manually.

B) Any all-inclusive installs you should verify they are at the Oct 08 level and are specific to the sim you have.

C) Any files you download, you should check to make to make sure they are also compatible with the Oct 08 level patch.

5. Having said that, I would install a weapons pack first, then install individual aircraft.

FC

Simple.

1. Install stock game.

2. Patch to latest level (Oct 08).

3. BACKUP the stock install you just created onto a DVD so that way you have a instant, no-install-routine backup.

4. General rules:

When you say patch to latest level, does that mean I use all of the patches up to the latest level, or does Oct08 supercede all of the priors. Also, how do you do #3, that is not what I was doing, I guess I didn't get that one. I just want to get all of this straight.

Generation 1 sims are completely self contained...you can run them off a USB stick if you want.

Literally, copy the sim directory straight onto a DVD. There's your backup.

FC

OK, already installed WOE. Now I'm going to install the latest patch. We'll see how it goes.

I quit. I'll try again in a couple of days.

Edited by Delta6Actual