Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Are there new Mark Miller pics, or did I only overlook some?

Just found some Mark Miller graphics I hadn't noticed at "The Aerodrome" yet. They look almost real. Here is one - enjoy:

I love Mark Millers computer generated pics and painted an acrylic painting of his Sopwith Camels near a hangar a year ago. It took ages to produce as I am an art teacher and did it in the classroom when the kids were settled. Overall, I am very critical of my own work but can say I am pleased with it. I had it framed and it now hangs in my computer room. Here is the pic of it if you are interested. I want to do some more paintings sometime of his work when I get a chance. I am also open to commissions!! Sorry about the quality of the photo, I couldn't stop the flash light from bouncing off the painting on a low resolution, so it is out of focus a little due to handshake. LOL. J.

post-51923-036495700 1288729561.jpg

Wow, you did what I always want to do - paint a WW1 aircraft painting. And you did very good!

Wow, you did what I always want to do - paint a WW1 aircraft painting. And you did very good!

Thanks Olham. I will download a much better pic of it just as soon as I can stop the flash from bouncing off the painting. It is quite detailed and this photo doesn't show it as I actually painted individual grass.

Yes, I knew that stuff. It is great, how many detail he knows about.

Your painting looks much clearer now - and so detailed! If you can take the flashlight off the camera,

you may try to point it to the ceiling of the room, or hold it sideways. Sometimes works, but depends

of the gloss of the surface.

Yes, I knew that stuff. It is great, how many detail he knows about.

Your painting looks much clearer now - and so detailed! If you can take the flashlight off the camera,

you may try to point it to the ceiling of the room, or hold it sideways. Sometimes works, but depends

of the gloss of the surface.

Thanks again Olham. I couldn't direct the flash upto the ceiling as I have a in built flash on my camera and it cannot be directed. This photo was taken in daylight but I lacquered the surface of the painting to protect it prior to framing it, that why there is still light bouncing off of it and cannot be helped. Take care. J.

PS: I don't seem to have you in the OFF Forum Pilots maps yet, jamieandnici -

if you send me a private message with your town and country, I will add you.

Love Miller's CGA work, and have used that same pic as my avatar for a long time. Had it as my screensaver on my old computer too and even went so far as to personalize the Camel in the foreground. And I must say jamieandnici, your acrylic rendering of it is outstanding. Well done!

Cheers!

Lou

Love Miller's CGA work, and have used that same pic as my avatar for a long time. Had it as my screensaver on my old computer too and even went so far as to personalize the Camel in the foreground. And I must say jamieandnici, your acrylic rendering of it is outstanding. Well done!

Cheers!

Lou

Many kind thanks RAF Lou. Its always nice to receive kind messages such as yours. Thankyou again. I dearly want to continue painting Mark Millers CGA work but am currently draughting up a pic (probably in pencil/monotone) of a Fokker DR1. I will upload the image in due course. Take care J.

You are more than welcome Sir, I am nothing if not a fan of the arts. I will watch for your Fokker sketch with anticipation. Used to do pencil sketches myself, but it has been a long, long time.

Here is my favourite of Mark Miller's (not a Tripe surprisingly) with a few filters added in an attempt to 'de-CGI' it, which cycles its way onto my desktop regularly.

I also tried a 'sketch' version which didn't quite come off... Photoshop layers are no substitute for real talent with a pencil or paintbrush :grin: That acrylic is truly excellent... you don't do oils too, by any chance?

RNAS Camels.jpg

Edited by Dej

I am quite fond of that one as well Dej, and I like your first version of it. Just noticed something though about this picture that I never had before. The flowers in the foreground appear to be wild buttercups which bloom across England and France from May through July, yet the tress are bereft of leaves of any kind. Oops.

"Well, it looks like my job's done here, I'll be moving on now."

"Who was that masked man?"

"It's the Lone Anal Retentive Ranger!"

"Hi-O Grayish Silver with slightly darker hocks and a white flash on the nose!"

The trees may be carrying their new thriving buds to become leaves soon? In May that's possible.

Well done painting jamieandnici! May I ask what size it is?

Welcome to the OFF skies Ratatat. New guys buy the drinks! You'll find us a generally helpful and friendly bunch so don't hesitate to ask if you need a hand.

Now then, a pinta' nice red ale and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps if you please.

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm off to check the fridge! :laugh:

I haven't poked my nose in to the forum since the P2 days. I think the forum changed hands since because my old name and password wouldn't work. Admittedly I spend most of my time lurking for handy tips and tricks. It was your fantastic work on Paul Blum's story that prompted me to come out of the wood work and post once again. Inspired writing sir! Keep it up!

Best regards,

Ratatat

Welcome over Flanders fields, Ratatat! I'll have the same as RAF_Louvert then!

You will see - the chaps are only looking so wild; they are in fact a nice bunch.

If you send me a PM with your town and country, I will add you to our OFF Forum Pilots maps.

I haven't poked my nose in to the forum since the P2 days. I think the forum changed hands since because my old name and password wouldn't work. Admittedly I spend most of my time lurking for handy tips and tricks. It was your fantastic work on Paul Blum's story that prompted me to come out of the wood work and post once again. Inspired writing sir! Keep it up!

Wow! High praise indeed Ratatat, you honour me Sir. I am glad Paul's exploits have brought you back to the fold.

Let me buy YOU a drink!

Cheers!

Lou

What a nice forum this is! I think we'll need to call a cab boys.:grin:

The next round is on me!

Cheers!

Ratatat

Thanks for the really kind words chaps. I will dedicate my next kill to you guys propping up the bar in the squadron's mess!!

Dej - Yes, I do oil paintings as well. Mainly pencil sketches and acrylics though as they are slightly quicker to produce, but I love oils and the way you can manipulate them.

Ratatat - Pleased that you have joined the squadron. Nice to see the new members of the group making an appearance now get out there and down some enemy planes!! The size of the painting is approximately 800mm x 600mm or A1.