Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Are there new Mark Miller pics, or did I only overlook some?

Here is my favourite of Mark Miller's (not a Tripe surprisingly) with a few filters added in an attempt to 'de-CGI' it, which cycles its way onto my desktop regularly.

I also tried a 'sketch' version which didn't quite come off... Photoshop layers are no substitute for real talent with a pencil or paintbrush :grin: That acrylic is truly excellent... you don't do oils too, by any chance?

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread old boy, but I used to use a version of this as my desktop wallpaper. Quite a lovely piece, but it was colored and not black & white! I've searched google but the best I can find is this (http://mwmiller.theaerodrome.com/camel/naval10.jpg), which is great but it's just not the one I'm looking for! I came back to this thread remembering I found it here and now it's... gone! Help! rofl.gif

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread old boy, but I used to use a version of this as my desktop wallpaper. Quite a lovely piece, but it was colored and not black & white! I've searched google but the best I can find is this (http://mwmiller.theaerodrome.com/camel/naval10.jpg), which is great but it's just not the one I'm looking for! I came back to this thread remembering I found it here and now it's... gone! Help! rofl.gif

The only two B&W ones I created from that image are these:

RNAS Camels B&W.jpg

RNAS Camels Sketch.jpg

Do you remember though that there was one just like those but colored in? The Camels were so gorgeous, their stripes were almost pink in color. It was different than the 3D one I linked to. I'm sure it was in this thread I saw it... unless maybe I found it on Mark Miller's website and it's not there anymore... gah, only six weeks ago and I've already forgotten. I want to find that pic! Google has failed me in this :-/

Do you remember though that there was one just like those but colored in? The Camels were so gorgeous, their stripes were almost pink in color. It was different than the 3D one I linked to. I'm sure it was in this thread I saw it... unless maybe I found it on Mark Miller's website and it's not there anymore... gah, only six weeks ago and I've already forgotten. I want to find that pic! Google has failed me in this :-/

Ah, my bad, I thought you were looking for the B&W ones. Do you mean this one?

RNAS Camels Colour.jpg

Hi, Olham,

All his stuff is years old. I haven't seen anything new in quite some time. Doesn't mean it's not out there, I'm just not aware of it.

Some stuff here, in case you haven't seen: http://wwi-cookup.co...r_fuselage.html It looks to me as if his Alb wood was used on many OFF Alb skins.

The Mark Millers models is indeed very realistic looking. Just correction, the OFF alb skins looks similar but no the textures is other sources and real plywood also.

Best

Arto

Bless your heart Dej, that's the precise one I was looking for. A more beautiful depiction of the Sopwith Camel I've never seen. Got my desktop back now drinks.gif

Edited by Javito1986