Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

Asus Xonar D1 souncard

I never really used a seperate soundcard. I was always happy with the built in one. I am upgrading my computer with a new PSU and a GTX470 SOC and thought why not try out a soundcard. People that use them speak highly of them so i decided to get a Asus Xonar D1. Does anyone of you guys own one? How is the sound? Is it much better than for example integrated solutions?

Thank you.

I've always used seperate sound cards. I currently have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi. Make sure your new card does the digital sound processing (dsp) on the card. Many cards use CPU resources to process sound. Take the load off the CPU to improve in-game performance. My X-Fi has several performance "modes" and my PC is louder than my old Kenwood stereo...

Thank you for the reply. I was starting to think nobody used a seperate sound card =)

I dont really know much about sound cards. Is there some keywords i should search for when looking if the digital sound processing is done on the card?? Ive read some reviews on the card but they dont mention anything about that.

Thank you.

Look for DSP and "digital sound processor". You might look at Tom's Hardware on line for some reviews, also might be some at any of the various PC magazines websites. I have an article I can send you; I need to find it an dscan it first... Wikipedia even has a section on the Creative Soundblaster line of cards...

ML