Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

I'm not playing OFF ever again!

"I have treated many people with SAD and have found that Light Boxes can help. They are not cheap but very effective."

Have to agree - we have a major light box that tends to help out in the Dark Seasons. Are you a GP perchance?

Javito, you might want to ask Santa for a globe of the Earth for Christmas. Wisconsin isn't even close to the same latitude as Finland, unless if by "about the same" you mean that they both share the same hemisphere. :biggrin:

post-45680-070633900 1291498010.jpg

D'OH! rofl.gif

Foot and a half snow here, and -14 degrees at midday the day before last.

They say if it wasn't for the Atlantic Drift, then Scotland's ports would be ice-bound in winter. Story seems to be the same for the start of this winter and the end of last years. Our current weather is the tail end of an Arctic weather system coming down from the Scandanavia, with the more normal warm currents from the altlantic not having much impact so far. It's like a watered down version of the movie "The Day After Tomorrow". Hopefully, not permanent.

For once I agree with the TV. It isn't the actual severity of the UK weather, it's the unpredictability of it. It's not the 18" of snow that the pain in the arse, but it's the fact it's here in November. I had jobs scheduled to do in the weeks leading up to Christmas, I had every confidence they would be done by now, and the invoices would be paid in time for Christmas. That's not going to happen now, and it's a d!*$m nuisance. Christmas won't be much fun, and if things don't improve, it could be a very long winter.

There's no point labouring the issue, because there's nothing to be done about it. I can live with a minor frost if I'm careful and protect my work, but -14 degrees is just no good at all.

"I have treated many people with SAD and have found that Light Boxes can help. They are not cheap but very effective."

Have to agree - we have a major light box that tends to help out in the Dark Seasons. Are you a GP perchance?

No, Shiatsu and acupuncture.

It last snowed here on September 16th 1981 :grin: I must say that Christmas isn't what it is up north as it's normally about 35º C and too hot to eat turkeys and such stuff.

And the 25th is my birthday as well as that of another well-known person :bye:

Which person do you mean, Jim?

I wouldn't mind to change my Christmas time location for some warmer place.

UK_Widowmaker...By appointment to her Majesty the Queen, purveyor of the Ridiculous, banal and totally untrue statement :lol:

God, I'm So bored being stuck in the House cos of the damn snow!!!

If it's of any consolation Widow, I've been stuck in my apartment since last Thursday. We've been bombarded with snow, high winds, ice, and below zero temperatures. It has been miserable. Thank God I haven't had to go anywhere! And yet, I've still had a mountain of writing and grading to do.

Cheers! And here's to getting out soon!:drinks: