Sign in to follow this  
0Stamey

Reset Key Commands?

Hello. I am an old SFV flyer and recently came back into the SFE version for W7. I am playing around with a few options and now I need to revert back to the original key commands since I have changed quite a bit and need a fresh list to put in only what I need now. Is there anyway to do this? I forgot about saving the modded key commands and now my default one is the one that is messed up :( Can you please help me? I have the CAT extracter downloaded and ready to go, just need to know which CAT to look in. Also, which carries the Options.ini please. Thanks!

I think, the only thing you need to do is go to SF2E's W7's Saved Games folder and remove controls.ini from there. The game will regenerate on launch.

• Like 1

From TW Forum Sticky

Saved Game Folder Notes:

* Strike Fighters 2 saves out all customization files (options file, controls file, pilot data, campaign saved data, and any screenshots taken) into "Saved Game" folder. Exact location of the Saved Game folder depends on your Windows version:

* On Windows 7 and Windows Vista, Saved Game folder (for Strike Fighters 2) is

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

You can also go to the saved game folder by right clicking on the game icon in Games Explorer and selecting "goto Saved Game folder".

* On Windows XP, Saved Game folder is in

My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

You can also go to the saved game folder by its full path

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

* Each game will have its own Saved Game folder, "StrikeFighters2" folder for Strike Fighters 2, "StrikeFighters2 Vietnam" folder for Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam, etc.

* The Saved Game folder is created when the game is first run, and not by the installer.

* Some contents of Saved Game folder are also updated when you run the game first time after applying a patch.

* The Saved Game folder is not deleted by the uninstaller. To do a full, clean and fresh "re-install", you may need to delete the Saved Game folder to remove any mods installed there.