Sign in to follow this  
OvS

Connect with your kids through the LEGO series games

If anyone is interested, go out and buy any of the LEGO games like Harry Potter 1-4, or even better the Indiana Jones, or Star Wars games. They are a ton of fun to play with your kids on the Wii, PS3, Xbox, or even the PC. Often we buy these console games and watch the kids play from the doorway, or behind the couch and off they go, into thier own world... but with these games, they are fun and challenging to play even for adults, and don't require you to grow extra digits on your hands to play.

But what is most fun about these games, especially the Indy, and Star Wars versions is that you can beat the crap out of each other now and then just for fun. So it allows your kids to have a sense of 'level playing field' with Dad. Much like flying a kite, fishing, having a catch... it's just another way to say.. hey.. 'we can connect here' rather than loosing touch.

All the best,

OvS

Edited by OvS

I agree they're fun. We've had the Lego IJ, SW, and Batman for a while. The kids love them and it's great to watch them figure out all the minutiea. I also battle them in Wii bowling and golf. I'm Walter Ray Williams Jr. in Wii bowling but when we go to a real bowling alley the kids pummel me unmercifully.

Some of the Lego aircraft I have seen are stunning!...My son was a lego fan for quite some time too.

Good advice there OVS

I have 2 nephews and thats a great idea as both of them enjoy trying to beat me at flying games...

I have 2 nephews and thats a great idea as both of them enjoy trying to beat me at flying games...

The IJ2 game is the most fun. It does not follow a specific path so to speak, it follows the movie in individual little 'towns' connected to one hub world. But once each town is unlocked, you can freely move about the whole hub world and do as you please... which of course creates the scenario of 'cat and mouse' for my daughter and I. It's a whole new game to us at that point, kinda like Inspector Cluseu and Kato from the Pink Panther movies... just pummelling each other from one town to the other in the hub world.

Tons of laughs for both of us.

The second video is unavailable in Germany.

The first one is a wunderful stunt - one of Clouseau's best attacks!