Sign in to follow this  
steelflanker

Help with weapon names & the Stock F-16A Stores Control Panel?

Hi there :- )

Firstly thanks for the great form, though I don’t often actively participate I am a avid Combat Ace fan & in debit to you all for the wealth of information & files out there..

I have been fiddling around with the stock Third Wire F-16A & been experimenting with adding various weapons that are not in the stock load out & perhaps not 100% realistic but it's been successful & I have been enjoying my aircrafts new fictional arsenal & capabilities.

How ever I have been having trouble getting the newly added weapon to show up in the Stores Control Panel. The quaintly & selected pylon show correctly but the weapon name is missing.

For example the AIM-7F:

I have tried adding new entry’s in the Cockpit.ini & also trying replacing a current weapon name with the new one that I wish to have displayed but have been unsuccessful with either method.

Theses are the ini entry’s I have tried duplicating or replacing.

Eg the AIM-9B:

[CockpitSeat001]

Instrument[045]=SMS_Weapon_AIM9B

[sMS_Weapon_AIM9B]

Type=WEAPON_TYPE_ID

NodeName=sms_weapon_aim9b

MovementType=LIGHT

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.5

Set[02].Position=1.0

Set[02].Value=1.0

Set[03].Position=0.0

Set[03].Value=1.5

[WeaponTypeID]

AIM-9B=1

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

SF

img00020.jpg

First, if the node doesn't exist (ie if there is no sms_weapon_aim7F node as an example), then nothing you do (short of retexturing a different node) will make it read correctly. And if you retexture it, you lose the node that you had (ie if you retexture the sms_weapon_aim9b to read AIM-7F, then it will never read AIM-9B no matter if you load an AIM-9B there).

Second, unless the weapon is defined in the cockpit.ini under the [WeaponTypeID] section with a different number from all the other weapons, again, you will not see the particular node activated.

Finally, even if you do define the weapon as above, (say AIM-7F=2), then the entry you have, say:

[CockpitSeat001]

Instrument[xxx]=SMS_Weapon_AIM7F

[sMS_Weapon_AIM9B]

Type=WEAPON_TYPE_ID

NodeName=(name of node)

MovementType=LIGHT

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.5

Set[02].Position=1.0

Set[02].Value=2.0

Set[03].Position=0.0

Set[03].Value=2.5

[WeaponTypeID]

AIM-7F=2

Note the bold parts. The light only comes on when the Position = 1.0, and the Position only equals 1.0 when the Value is equal to the number you defined in the [WeaponTypeID] section.

If you want to get an idea of just how complex this can get, download either the F-15 Super Pack or F-15 Baz Super Pack and fly one of the F-15C model cockpit versions. Then take a look at the cockpit.ini...it will make your brain explode...as it did mine.

FC

If you want to get an idea of just how complex this can get, download either the F-15 Super Pack or F-15 Baz Super Pack and fly one of the F-15C model cockpit versions. Then take a look at the cockpit.ini...it will make your brain explode...as it did mine.

FC

Oh yeah, I can't even imagine what you had to go through with that, not just the *.ini but I'm guessing figuring out the hierarchy was madness. Massive respect for that one buddy :good: