Sign in to follow this  
BirdDogICT

New Catalyst 11.2 Drivers

The new Catalyst 11.2 drivers are out, and I've been trying out morphological antialiasing (MLAA) with my ATI 5770 card. Since this type of AA is post process, it allows high quality AA without a big hit in performance.

THIS MEANS, FOR THE FIRST TIME, THE WHITE JAGGIES WHEN CHANGING VIEWS WITH TrackIR ARE COMPLETELY GONE, even with all sliders set at 5. Woohoo!!

However, it seems to depend on what combination of AA (Multisample, Adaptive Multisample, or Supersample) and MLAA you use...I'm using Edge Detect 8X MSAA with MLAA and am getting great results. I' will have to try it with other combinations and see which ones work best.

If you have an older ATI card, you're out of luck...MLAA only works with 5000 and higher cards.

Edited by BirdDogICT

thanx for the info.

m

I just installed these and they make a world of difference! A few weeks ago I upgraded my video card to a Sapphire Radeon 5850 and was slightly disappointed by its performance. Now all sliders are on 5 and OFF looks great! No jaggies either. WooHoo:drinks:

No white triangles with trackir?! must be nice. any one know what settings to use, or if even possible, to achieve that with an nvidia card? It'd be nice not to have to imagine those graphic anomalies when looking behind arent the result of a flying scarf!

No white triangles with trackir?! must be nice. any one know what settings to use, or if even possible, to achieve that with an nvidia card? It'd be nice not to have to imagine those graphic anomalies when looking behind arent the result of a flying scarf!

After experimenting some more, I've changed my Catalyst settings to MLAA only ("Use Applications AA" and "Morphological filtering" are both checked). Looks absolutely stunning and smooth as glass.