Sign in to follow this  
tor

Problem CAT Extractor

Hello to everyone. I got a problem using this. I´ve downloaded the CAT Extractor and I open it and select extract the A-4B_COCKPIT.INI from the objects cat. I did not have any success when I extract it, it appears a message "extracted done" in this target: C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Wings Over Israel\Objects. But I checked it and it does not appear the A-4B_COCKPIT.INI... Thanks for your help.

Interesting...considering the A-4B Skyhawk dosen't COME with WoI....

Your other problems are:

1) NEVER EVER install 1stGen 3W games to any of the /Progam Files folders. They are protected in Vista/Win7, and you won't be able to work with ANY files in that zone. Only in XP can you safely install to the /Program Files folders.

2) To fix that, you can just move the entire folder (judging by the path name, Wings Over Israel), UP to the root of the C Drive. The new path/loction would be:

C:\Wings Over Israel

adjust your shortcut accordingly.

3) Assuming that you're using Skypats' Cat extractor, it also don't work that well in Vista/7 when placed in the /Progarm Files.

What you need to do, is create a folder on your Desktop, call it "Cat Extractor", and put all the files from Skypat's Extractor in there.

This is the pathway for mine, so your's will be named different:

C:\Users\kevin\Desktop\SF-Wo-Extractor

Don't forget to set the compatability to Windows 95.

From that location, you'll be able to start the extractor, then use it's 'navigation pane' to locate the cat that has the file you want to extract.

Extracted files, when pulled what that tool, will 'appear' in the game folder associated with them (ie: things from the /FlightData.cat will be in the /Flight folder; things from the Object.Cat, will be in the /Objects folder.

From there you can move them, if for an aircraft, or edit in-place (for anything other than aircraft.

BTW, this is all covered someplace in the Knowledge Base; I just don't remember exactly where ATM!!

good luck!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench