Sign in to follow this  
SopmodMikeFour

Can't get Taiwan campaign to activate.

I have tried installing this campaign per the instructions above using SF2 Europe and Israel.I followed the directions exactly and also updated using the 1.02 update.When I run the game using either install The Dragon campaign doesn't show up in game.Its as if the mod isn't activated and I know I did everything right.I checked my Users\Saved Games\ThirdWire game folder and it is there but it doesn't work.Help is appreciated.

I fixed it.The Options.INI needs to be updated in your mod folder for this campaign in your "users/saved games" folder.Name it to whatever "user" you are in your Windows folder as there is a default one for in the Options.INI.Also the campaign line needs to be updated to "The Dragon" campaign and not Red Thunder.

Nope,now it crashes when starting a campaign mission.Sadly,this campaign is not usable due to severe issues with it.I would advise the creators to take a look at it.

The campaign works.

It's one of my favorites because of the modern aircraft, custom terrain, etc.

I suggest deleting the mod folder, and starting over. I understand it maybe frustrating. But it is worth the effort.

I have all three of the campaigns created by Spectre8750, Israel, Korea and Taiwan, they all work.

Edited by TurtleHawk

The campaign works.

It's one of my favorites because of the modern aircraft, custom terrain, etc.

I suggest deleting the mod folder, and starting over. I understand it maybe frustrating. But it is worth the effort.

I have all three of the campaigns created by Spectre8750, Israel, Korea and Taiwan, they all work.

I reinstalled the mod folder 3 times.hile I can start it now I can't seem to fly F-35's,F-15's,or the merc F-16A.Also after the campaign mission as ended I get a black screen and have to alt/tab out and quit the game.Odd because I did everything requested.I even got the LOds for other aircraft as instructed.

Can you select those a/c in single missions?

I'm only guessing, it seems like there could be something missing from your install.

The more information you provide, the more likely someone can help.

The mod has been updated to work with the latest SF2E/I, patch.

Can you select those a/c in single missions?

I'm only guessing, it seems like there could be something missing from your install.

The more information you provide, the more likely someone can help.

The mod has been updated to work with the latest SF2E/I, patch.

I did a fresh install and do have the current patch.I installed part 1 and 2 of taiwan,then the lods for the E2,E3,and the F-16 Netz.Then I applied the 1.02 Taiwan update.I noticed when entering the campaign that FPS is very slow and the sounds are laggy.If I hit F6 and pan to a few aircraft and then back to mine that issue is solved.Its when I get shot down or end a mission that I go to a black screen that never ends unless I exit out.I am running Win 7 x64,Amd Phenom with 6gb or ram on a Nvidia GTS 250.All drivers are current.

Happy to report that per Spectre8750's suggestions the campaign is now fully working for me.It also did not help that when I installed the E-2C and E3 Lods,I copied the whole skunkworks E-2C and ODS E-3 into Spectre8750's mod folder and that probably corrupted his version used in the campaign.

Thanks a bunch for an awesome campaign!

BTW I did not know the F-35B's VTOL capability was modeled in the sim even though I'd been flying the Harriers with VTOL modeled in the Malavinas mod for a few years now.It was cool using the vectored thrust and seeing the engine actually switch into VTOL mode from an external view. :good:

Edited by Akwar