Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT Annoying Windows 7 hassle

Hi Guys

I have an Atheros onboard network card on my Asus P5Q mobo.

Have tried various Win7 64 drivers...but everytime I switch on the puter..I have the yellow triangle, telling me there is no net connection.

I have to go into properties and disable the card..then re-enable, and it works fine....very irritating!

Anyone had a similar issue?

windows 7 is plagued with instability issues and general inconveniences.

Have you checked the services to make sure nothing internet or network related is set to manual. Sometimes basic services can be taken off automatic meaning you have to do something that maually starts it, as the device can't be detected until that service is started.

With the company's original founders and revolutionary design team long gone, Microsoft is a different company.

Apple are making a comeback but they have the same problem.

Hi Guys

I have an Atheros onboard network card on my Asus P5Q mobo.

Have tried various Win7 64 drivers...but everytime I switch on the puter..I have the yellow triangle, telling me there is no net connection.

I have to go into properties and disable the card..then re-enable, and it works fine....very irritating!

Anyone had a similar issue?

Simon,

Check to see if you have a "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter" showing up in your active networks. If you do, get rid of it (unless you have some use for it...which I seriously doubt). In order to "disable" it, open up the windows command line interface and type in the following command "netsh wlan stop hostednetwork" (no quotes) and hit "enter". That should disable the adapter. Now type in "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow" (no quotes) and hit "enter", which should stop the windows service it relies on. This should solve your problem completely.

HTH

Cheers,

Parky

Edited by Parky

Thank you gents..I will have a gander...will let you know

And don't forget to recite an incantation from the Hogwart's book of very special spells while you're at it!

sods law..it 'appears' to have sorted itself out...after an auto update....go figure