Sign in to follow this  
JimBeamer5

Sikorsky MH-60S KnightHawk

Sikorsky MH-60S KnightHawk

View File

This is not actually a MH-60S KnightHawk, but a HH-60G Pave Hawk. It's the closest we have in SF2 so it will have to do. The MH-60S is based on the UH-60L Blackhawk, unlike the other USN helo's which are Seahawk based.

The KnightHawk peforms vertical replenishment, troop transport, and search and rescue, amongst other things. Although the KnightHawk has the usual minigun for your destructive pleasure, it is basically set up for vertrep. Non combat but very challenging.

Vertrep only works via the intricacies of sorcery. Actually, vertrep only works on land, as although the cargo palettes are "weapons" and can be "fired" anywhere, the will only show up on land as they become a "crater" when the hit the dirt. Craters, of course, do not show up on ships or the ocean.

You can still have lots of fun flying missions from ship to shore, and if you do not wish to have the cargo sling, for example, just de-select it in the Loadout screen.

As with all the Hawks, she is relatively easy to fly on "normal" mode, which SF helicopters are tuned for. You can hover, fly backwards and sideways, ascend verticaly etc. It takes some practice and skill but is definately doable.

She has the more powerful engines from the UH-60L so can hover with a full cargo load aboard.

INSTALLATION:

Place the MH-60S folder into your Aircraft folder. NOTE: You may have my fictional MH-60S "StealthHawk" in your Aircraft folder, rename or move it as this is the "real" MH-60S.

Place the 160MiniGun, Cargo, KHF, Sling1, Sling2 and USNHeloGunnerR folders into your Weapons folder.

Place the USNHeloPilot1 & 2 folders into your Pilots folder.

Place the MH60LDAP wav file into your Sounds folder.

Place the two TADS files and the Loading wav file in your Flight folder.

And finally, place the contents of the Object folder (cargo_03d, Dragchute, Frachtnetz, Frachtpalette, SlingLoad_03d, Storage and Wreckobject.ini) into your main Objects folder. These are the "craters" that will show the cargo palettes on the ground once released. NOTE: The new "craters" are WreckType006 and 007, if you already have WreckTypes with these numbers, just paste mine in and rename them as required.

You will need to copy over the MH-60G LOD's from the MH-60G Pave Hawk mod. If you do not already have it, get it from the A-Team Skunkworks site.

Credits:

A-Team for MH-60G Pave Hawk Mod. Note my skin is best possible with current model limitations. It is a generic KnightHawk from Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron Two-Six.

Kesselbrut for MH-60G Cockpit.

Wrench for Hangar/Loading Screens I used as a base.

Kesselbrut (? - they're the same model as in the pit, so I assume they're his)) for Helo Pilots and Helo Gunner on which I based the USN pilots and gunner.

AmokFloo for the Freight Palette.

331KillerBee for the M134 Minigun, Crate, Gris, and Douglas IFR pod.

Anyone else I have missed, apologies.

Thanks to all.