Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

New & Improved File Area is now Online!

I am happy to announce BiohazCentral's new and VERY improved file area! If you haven't noticed already, there is a new link on the top right link menu labelled "Downloads". Click on it and take a look around.

Some of the new features are:

• FULLY integrated with the forum user database. All your stats are linked to your forum account.
  • Finally, and easy AND reliable upload mechanism, you can upload files up to 10Mb in size. If you have a larger file, please email me and we can work out other arrangements
  • Uploaders can now manage all their uploads, such as uploading updated files, changing descriptions, etc. This is a great feature for modders, and keeps the multiple versions of the same file down.
  • A new thread along with a screenshot (if uploaded) is created automatically in the associated sim forum announcing the new upload. This thread can be used for support and questions to the file author
  • Screenshot upload support. In fact, in the skin catagories a screenshot is REQUIRED to upload. No more wondering what a file looks like.
  • You can subscribe to files and receive notifications of updated files
  • Automatic PM to a file submitter if their file is approved/denied (with option of PM, Email, Both, or None)
  • Tons of backend stuff that only the mods and I care about, but suffice it to say it will be MUCH easier to manage the file area now.

All existing files have been moved to the new system and all links now point to the new file area. I will leave the old system up for a week or so so remote links will still work, but then I will delete the old system. Please, try out the system and let me know if you run into any issues, and report broken links via the reporting link in each file page.

Now that everything is in place, I ask that everyone start uploading your mods and skins! And spread the word that BiohazCentral's file area is THE place to get thos files you need. :victory:

After a long couple of days, I've cleaned up the file area and verified that all files links are working. Any file entries I didn't have the files locally on Biohaz, a good remote link for, or could not track down have been deleted. Unfortunately, I could not track some of the missing files down, so if you notice any skin or addon we don't have in the library, please upload them! :grin:

At this point, please report any broken links via the "Broken Link" link item on the file's page.

Now I just have to figure out why I have over 300 Mb of files on the server that I don't have entries for in the file library... :huh: