Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

B-17 return of a legend!!!!

For those who ever flew B-17 II The Mighty Eighth....greta news, Shockwave productions has bought the games code and are preparing to fix the problems with the origional release and do some changes to the sim to improve it. check out the forum HERE

Hey Dagger,

Could you give us some information about it? The link you gave for further information - requires membership just to read the forum posts....

NC

Oh sorry...ok a brief history of the sim...B-17 the mighty 8th was the follow up to the origional B-17 flying fortress.Mircoprose released it and it was soon evident that there were MAJOR problems.one of the big ones NO multiplayer.they had advertised it with MP being 10 men in 1 plane...oh well...soon a patch was released that fixed some of the bigger problems and a second patch was released,this was mainly an engine management patch.they then released a tool to help change nose art and plane paint.but that was all..everything else was done by by a very gifted community at Bombs-Away.net. it was there the issue of NO mp was somewhat solved by a group of dedicated"Fort"flyers who formed v8th ops.they assigned missions and gave you settings to be used on missions..you flew them then posted your results.from these you gained rank and medals...why amI going through all this?well one of the team that now has the code is a member of Bombs-Away.They are listening to the guys who continue to fly this great sim,and getting input from alot of people on things they are going to try and fix.from the sounds of it,they are planning a major over haul and then re-release the game the way it should have been,don't get me wrong,this is proably the best heavy bomber sim ever...gotta love the"Forts".you could fly as any member of the crew,and manage it.

from the sounds of things they are taking on an awsome task...if you're interested join the forums and see and make a post or 2.they are a great bunch and be sure to run over to www.bombs-away.net and check them out.

Not to mention that they are relaunching a heavily modified version of Rowan's Battle of Britain too! :)

Guest IndioBlack
Not to mention that they are relaunching a heavily modified version of Rowan's Battle of Britain too! :)

B-17 seems to be a long time coming

I do believe that it got cancelled.

I'm hoping that they do an upgrade to Mig Alley as they did to BoB.

Guest IndioBlack
I do believe that it got cancelled.

I'm hoping that they do an upgrade to Mig Alley as they did to BoB.

The cancellation of the B-17 project is very disappointing.

MiG Alley has already had a form of upgrade. And it does work on XP.

However, I share your enthusiasm for MiG Alley to get a full BOB II style of upgrade.

Edited by IndioBlack

yes Shockwave cancelled it due to the problems they ran into with the release of BoB.Shame this could have been a great game.