Because I enjoy the level of complete flight "immersion" offered by SF2, I would like to know if anyone can help me activate the "BTYENGINEFIRE" wav. Some of the others work well, i.e., btyyawrate, btyoverg, but I can't seem

to get the engine fire warning to work!? The .wav works in my sound file when I click on it, but in the game it never sounds off. I have even let myself get hit by AAA to ignite the fire...that was easy in NVN, looked in the mirrors and was

indeed on fire, still no warning? I added it to the DATA files of several aircraft to no avail...any suggestions?? BTW, is there a sound.wav for btypullup and btylowalt out there? I did some searches and came up with nothing, but they

are listed in the SOUNDLIST.ini at soundfile 92 and 94...btyenginefire is 97. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help! JohnT/Air Force Brat - SAC

Aircraft sound effects do not require entries in the soundlist. The Engine fire sound has not worked since the first series was released, back in November of 2002.

All sounds need to be monaural wav files. The bitrate doesn't matter, unless your system cannot handle the added load.