Hi guys, I have tried to find someone else with this problem but to no avail.

Basically I will use TWS to lock up to four targets (even one makes no difference) and then wait till the targets are within range with the 'hot trigger' light, I will then pickle the missiles and then watch as every one of them goes off into the direction of the targets. However they get scared at the sight of the bombers and fly right past and either blow up or dive into the ground. In fact the Russian bombers have such good ECM and chaff that even the Sparrows are scared off.

What am I doing wrong?:dntknw:

Hi guys, I have tried to find someone else with this problem but to no avail.

Basically I will use TWS to lock up to four targets (even one makes no difference) and then wait till the targets are within range with the 'hot trigger' light, I will then pickle the missiles and then watch as every one of them goes off into the direction of the targets. However they get scared at the sight of the bombers and fly right past and either blow up or dive into the ground. In fact the Russian bombers have such good ECM and chaff that even the Sparrows are scared off.

What am I doing wrong?:dntknw:

The Bear bombers drop enough chaff "so that a man could walk from Greenland to Iceland to Scotland without getting his feet wet". I've never successfully taken one down with a AIM-7 however my wingmen tend to be able to. The other Soviet bombers are another story and much easier to hit. I have more luck with the Pheonixs but the Bears are pretty good at spoofing radar guided missiles. I usually get close and engage with AIM-9s with good effect on target. It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong.

Firehawk, which Aim-54's are you using? Thirdwire or Mirage Factory?(The one's that came with the Tomcats Superpack.) I had similar problems with the TMF Aim-54A's, they seem seriously underwhelming in the areas of accuracy, noise rejection, and counter-counter measures, while Thirdwires seem almost like magic bullets. I edited the TMF Aim-54 ini's to achieve a happy medium and improvement from Aim-54A to Aim-54CE. If that's your problem let me know and I'll post it here.

Hi supGen, I'm not sure as I have the Mirage factory F-14a and F-14d. I had a look at my saved game folders and the NA version of the game doesn't sem to have a weapons folder whereas the AIM-54A folder appears in the standard and Europe version folders.

Well, if there's no weapons folder in NA, then most likely you're using the Thirdwire Tomcats and Aim-54A's. Kinda weird, I had no problem with the stock Aim-54, as I said their values for accuracy etc. seemed quite high, almost what you would expect from a later version like Aim-54C or CE. You can take a look at those if you extract the WeaponsData ini. from ObjectDataCat1. By the way, if you don't already have it, get the TomcatsSuperPackV.1.8, Tomcats Combined Flight Model Update, and Tomcats Avionics Update Apr2012, These bring the TMF Tomcats up to NA standard.

Thanks supGen I'll give the superpack a go.

Make sure you get the updates, too. You might want to try these for the Aim-54's.

Thanks for the update link for the Aim-54 I'm sure it will help. I did try yesterday with the superpack install and only half of the missiles missed so it is better.

Thanks for your help.