SFP1Ace

Paint Shop Pro X4 sale

Today I purchased PSP for mere $29.99 (+VAT) from Corel's on-line store.Payed through paypal, dled (circa 350MB) and installed it under 15 minutes :] Ultimate version goes for $39.99.

If you want a powerful image editing software thats a lot cheaper than Photoshop, that's the one to get IMHO. And before you say GIMP, I've discovered just recently that it can't handle 32-bit TGAs properly (sux when you wan't to edit some water to land transition tiles for Strike Fighters :( ) ...

Sale lasts till 4th of Semptember.

hmmm... interesting

you sure? X4 is some 229 zl at their site now?

english/US online store has it indeed as 39.99

Edited by Stary

Beware! Murphy's law at it's best! X4 version also has porked transparency/alpha channel handling*...X4 users are waiting for Service Pack 3 from Corel to fix this mess....

* PSP X4 opens 32 bit TGAs, GIFs etc. alright, but when saving file, the alpha channel gets seriously distorted...Well it wasn't expensive, but still... Corel better get their act together, I don't think such a glaring bug would sneak past back in the JASC times...

Edited by SFP1Ace
  • Like 1

I'm curious, I've been recently getting into using Gimp and I'm wondering how 'it doesn't handle 32-bit TGAs properly'? I'm serious...I don't quite understand what the issue is in that I've been using it to make some TGAs and they seem to be fine...

Also, I just found out last night that Gimp can read, open, manipulate and save .PSD files...who knew? :)

FC

I'm curious, I've been recently getting into using Gimp and I'm wondering how 'it doesn't handle 32-bit TGAs properly'? I'm serious...I don't quite understand what the issue is in that I've been using it to make some TGAs and they seem to be fine...

Also, I just found out last night that Gimp can read, open, manipulate and save .PSD files...who knew? :)

FC

Hey FC. Well this is my GIMP experience:

1.Open one of the terrain *TGAs from STARY's Gerwin Iceland repaint in GIMP 2.8

2. Open the same file in Corel PSP or Adobe PS.

3. See the difference...

4. Maybe I'm doing smth wrong with GIMP, IDK...