Sign in to follow this  
guerrero

Gamepad

Hello! I'm a Nubbie. I bought call of duty "no one fights alone", and a Retractable PC game controller made by gemini (game elements), and I just cant figure out how to configure to play call of duty. Can anyone help me with this matter? :help::help:

Hello!  I'm a Nubbie.  I bought call of duty "no one fights alone", and a Retractable PC game controller made by gemini (game elements), and I just cant figure out how to configure to play call of duty. Can anyone help me with this matter? :help:  :help:

First off welcome to Biohaz glad to see new faces always! I have tried one of the gamepads you have and went back to mouse and keyboard.maybe it's because I'm just used to it but I like it better and I also had trouble configuring pad.I know it's not much help but maybe one of the pad gurus can help you out..just didn't want you to think nobody was looking.

From what I remember about it, as I use a Logitech Rumble Pad, you have to edit a config file in order to get it to work. I don't recall their being any IN GAME gamepad setup.

This is something that disturbs me more then anything else. Game mfg should make gamepad setup ability IN GAME for all FPS games. Keyboards are great, but a gamepad is so much better IMHO. Unfortunately, you have to be some config editing guru to get them to work. America's Army is the same way.

The only disadvantage that I would see in using a game pad might be the accuracy of aiming. I think a mouse does work much better in this regards.

I'll peak more into COD when I get home and see what I can dig up for you.

<C>

Fates

From what I remember about it, as I use a Logitech Rumble Pad, you have to edit a config file in order  to get it to work.  I don't recall their being any IN GAME gamepad setup.

This is something that disturbs me more then anything else.  Game mfg should make gamepad setup ability IN GAME for all FPS games.  Keyboards are great, but a  gamepad is so much better IMHO.  Unfortunately, you have to be some config editing guru to get them to work.  America's Army is the same way. 

The only disadvantage that I would see in using a game pad might be the accuracy of aiming.  I think a mouse does work much better in this regards.

I'll peak more into COD when I get home and see what I can dig up for you.

<C>

Fates

I have to work, so I havent had time to mess around with the gamepad. I will give it a shot tomorrow. Thank you