Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

MA State drug chemist botched 1000s of cases

Damn....Drugs can completely destroy lives.Sad that the dealers and pushers are roaming free.......While somebody somewhere is ODing.

Solution: legalize drugs.

I am not an elephant nor a donkey, that would be too extreme.

I think it's a good solution. Simply regulate and tax it like alcohol and tobacco, and prosecute abusers like you do for DUI and 'public drunkeness'. Fundamentally, currently illicit controlled substances are not much different than alcohol and tobacco, and we let those things ruin lives everyday. At least by legalization and regulation, we can reduce the associated violence of illegal drug trafficking.

FC

I think it's a good solution. Simply regulate and tax it like alcohol and tobacco, and prosecute abusers like you do for DUI and 'public drunkeness'. Fundamentally, currently illicit controlled substances are not much different than alcohol and tobacco, and we let those things ruin lives everyday. At least by legalization and regulation, we can reduce the associated violence of illegal drug trafficking.

FC

Indeed, I can't disagree at all.Giving in seems like the only option.This war is most likely lost.

Legalising drugs will only work if the laws pretaining to them are extremely strict(capital punishment,imprisonment,exile etc.).Also,they must never become a commodity and must only be available for retail at exclusive and select locations.However,I really wouldn't be surprised if we have places such as cocaine'R us or maybe "weedmart"!