Sign in to follow this  
zagnut

Hey guys!

Just wanted to drop a line and say HI ALL!

I've been reclassed to infantry from commo, and I'm pretty motivated to be a part of. The last couple of weeks, we've been mostly turning wrenches in the motor pool. We just got back from a 3 week stint at Ft. Carson, CO- playing OPFOR against the 3rd Armored Cav which will be or already now is in Iraq. It was something never done before since all units that are deploying come to us at the NTC for that type of training. In the end, the operation was a success in terms of logistics and execution, plus Ft. Carson was a really nice change from the Mojave desert! We did quite a few mission out there during that time, adn one I got to participate in as an insurgent. It was awesome, we had a 4 man RPG team- 2 of us with M-4's, and 2 had RPG's. We ended up taking out a Bradley fighting vehicle, and I smoked a Humvee gunner. After the end of the battle, there were only 2 Brads KIA and ours was one of them. Thing is, that we are all TOC rats- we work in the S3 Operations shop and we didn't usually go in these missions, so the Grunts were pretty impressed with us, and it made my transition into the infantry platoon much easier (less Sh*t talking from those guys). Anyways, I'm still glad to be a member of this website, and I look forward to hearing from some of you; and I'm wondering what everybody has been up to lately. Take care all, and when I get a chance I'll post some pics of the Ft. Carson trip.

ALLONS!

Zag