Olham

Flying the Vought F4U "Corsair"

Well made introduction into the starting proceedure and cockpit instruments of a great fighter plane:

the Vought F4U "Corsair" (by ZENO WARBIRDS).

The Japanese feared the "Whistling Death" - named after the characteristic whistling sound of the flying craft.

I had the chance to see one on the ILA Airshow near Berlin in 2006 - it is a giant of a fighter,

and when it gave full throttle, I was deeply impressed by the sound (and almost got blown away).

too right.....they're huge. amazing anybody survived training let alone combat.......filmed these in California a few years ago and was quite humbled by the monsters young men were expected to tame.....nice post....thanks again Ol.....you add such enduring perspective and dimesion to the whole game....WW1 and 2....cheers!!!

I love Zeno flicks. Corsair has always been one of my favorite planes.

American's always built BIG Fighters (presumably because of the Radial Engines?)

Personally...I'd rather be in a little plane...with a shedload of guns!

(and a Parachute of course!) :)

American's always built BIG Fighters (presumably because of the Radial Engines?)

Personally...I'd rather be in a little plane...with a shedload of guns!

(and a Parachute of course!) :)

And what about a good single malt back at the barracks?