Sign in to follow this  
rjw

Interesting occurence

I have been running OFF with HitR for some time now and I always have specific mods in place. I started using HPW's FM and EW Campaign Mods some time ago when he addressed the problem of some AI crashing into the woods on take-off. I have not had this problem for well over a year and I had upgraded to his latest version when he made it available.

Lately I started a campaign with a pilot in ESC Laf flying a Nieup 11. I discovered that some of my squad mates were not with me when I was flying to the target area but didn't know why. I then started observing them more frequently during take-off and noticed some of them crashing into the trees at the end of the runway. I took a vid of this and a screenie of JSGME mods in place.

Has anyone else noticed this. It has only happened since I started this new French Campaign. Could it be they are consuming too much cognac before flight!! :biggrin:

Seriously, I'm surprised to be experiencing this with HPW's mod in place.

Vid of Niep 11's crashing on take-off: (Right click on link and save vid! Can't seem to get it to upload for inline viewing)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57920149/Nieup%2011%20Esc%20Laf%20crash%20on%20takeoff.flv

JSGME Mods LOaded:

post-52329-0-69937100-1378158237_thumb.png

Best Regards;

Edited by rjw

Well I'm only using HPW FM/EW mod and buddies damage mod, however I started an Esc Laf career to test this out. Yes you are right - they do seem to have the odd blind moment and hit the trees. Its also random - most of the times the flight makes it out fine, the next flight one or two slam into the trees. Very bizarre. I have noticed some of my flight climb out like rockets, and some climb out with at a very shallow climb angle. Could it be only some aircraft are being affected by the mod?

Not sure if this helps at all, as I have not flown off in ages, so my memory is rather rusty regards these issues.

Edited by devere

Devere;

Thanks for taking the time to test. I suspect it may be as you said in that maybe only Nieup 11's are affected.

I'm flying at the moment a german campaign with Jasta 5. I use following mods :

JSGMEOFF_zpse982b8a5.png

I have flown over 50 missions with Fokker EIIIs and Halberstadt DIIs and never had one plane from my flight or other flight taking off with me crashing in the trees.

I'm flying at the moment a german campaign with Jasta 5. I use following mods :

JSGMEOFF_zpse982b8a5.png

I have flown over 50 missions with Fokker EIIIs and Halberstadt DIIs and never had one plane from my flight or other flight taking off with me crashing in the trees.

I suspect it might be related to Nieup 11 planes!