Sign in to follow this  
TheWarrior

Red Storm 86 campaign and AH-64A

Just curious. Has any one done this campaign flying the Apache. If so, how  did it go?

Edited by TheWarrior

I haven't flown a campaign with it, but I just added them into NF5 for the Red Storm campaign. Apaches based off highway strips, and have Mi-24's based out of Stendal

I thought about highway strips too. Im trying to keep the Apaches in the Falda area of the map. I'll have to look and see if the have highway strips there. Im gpng to add Mi-24 too. Did a testission today. Was pretty cool untill I hit the ground trying to avoid a Mig-23.

I really only have them set for CAS and Armed Recon.They seem to be pretty effective if, and that's a big if, they can make it to the target. Most occasions they get chewed up by interceptors pretty bad.

Hmm. I haven't had too much trouble from interceptors. I stay pretty low and fly a good ways to the target and stay off the Alt N command. The problem I seem to have is flying into flak traps. First day of the war and I have already lost two AH-64s and I've been shot up pretty bad on one.